La Torreta, Benidorm Booking adviseable??

sshortcircuit

Taking the plunge this year and going to Benidorm and have booked ferry early September back early December. Intend to stay on this site and hopeful somebody can give experience of needing to book or not?

Am I correct in understanding that it is normal to pay when you leave?

Guest pelmetman

Not stayed on the site, but when staying put for months at a time then monthly settlement is the norm ;-).....

Edit to add, if you want to stay on a particular site, then booking is sensible ;-)

The Torreta does fill up quickly possibly because it is the cheapest and best located site in Benidorm so I would book. My wife doesn't like it there because of the yapping dogs but I would go there even though the facilities are not that great as it's excellent for shopping, eating out and the bars on the Rincon.

Guest JudgeMental
I would book if sure you know site you want to be on. Have postponed our Easter visit until September due to commitments. and will book in advance (arena blanca). Last year I just paid a 130€ deposit and rest at end of stay...this year they want half up front and balance when you arrive..taking the piss to be honest.... may try another site.

hi

price depends on length of stay ie.

up to 7 nights 28 euros p/n for two

8 to 14 nights 23 euros

15 to 29 nights 17 euros

30 and over is 13.50 euros

above prices are approx. from last sept. it includes electricity of up to 4kw per day use more than this and you pay 50cents per unit.

never booked and never had a problem

regards Foxy

Well thanks to all who have provided very useful information. Have changed my ferry booked through CCC at a admin cost of only £15 so thought that was worth it. Booked a month in La Torreta @ €15 a night with 4kW which again I thought was reasonable and the price was €13.5 but has increased. I have paid a 25% deposit

Cant wait until September but in the mean time will do a trip for a few weeks round north of England taking in CCC holiday sites and may also venture up the north west of Scotland.

A bit ahead of myself but my Aldi portable satellite system has done me well in France with the furthest south being La Rochell. I think I may be stretching it a bit in Benidorm and would ask how the site tv systems work. I do have a larger spare dish but would need to make a bracket etc. Any advice appreciated.

Guest pelmetman
sshortcircuit - 2013-04-17 7:17 PM

A bit ahead of myself but my Aldi portable satellite system has done me well in France with the furthest south being La Rochell. I think I may be stretching it a bit in Benidorm and would ask how the site tv systems work. I do have a larger spare dish but would need to make a bracket etc. Any advice appreciated.

I have the cheapo Aldi sat, you will get some English speaking channels on it in Spain, but not the UK ones ;-)............I also found that I could pic up the local tv with my status aerial, and some of the films could be switched to English using the language button on the tv remote :D.........

Also at Camping Lo Monte where we stay they'll install individual satellite dishes to your pitch for 25 euros a month, don't know if La Torreta do anything similar :-S

We are in Tavira on the Algarve and can pick up most UK channels with 85cm Oyster sat with a SKYE pace box. I have seen one brit with a 60cm dish and he said he had most UK channels. The local english press are saying the foot print will change in July/Aug but they also carry large ads for TV via the internet.

Dave

Have looked at Arena Blanca in the past but never gone in. I have seen it parked right out to the front but not so in recent times although it may depend on time of year. Just a bit out for me but you will be nearer Sharkies and the € bar just a bit further along.

La Torreta charges €20 a month for internet which is not bad. I have a long range WiFi antenna so will pick up from Arena Blanca?? alternatively there is Vilasol across the road however this useless iPad cannot connect as it does not have Flash Player.

We are booked for a month so will have a better look at the others and then may meander a bit inland or whatever.

Still get plans being thrown up with the most recent being where can I refill my Gaslow. Have the dish adapter for France but believe I would need the Euroadapter for Spain. Can buy for about £26 but perhaps for one use is a bit expensive. Will have a scrounge around site to see if I can borrow, or hope LPG station can assist. Any experience?

Guest pelmetman
sshortcircuit - 2013-04-18 10:52 AM

Still get plans being thrown up with the most recent being where can I refill my Gaslow. Have the dish adapter for France but believe I would need the Euroadapter for Spain. Can buy for about £26 but perhaps for one use is a bit expensive. Will have a scrounge around site to see if I can borrow, or hope LPG station can assist. Any experience?

We have the refillable system, but when parked up onsite for weeks on end I use a Spanish Repsol bottle which I pigtail into the system ;-)..........works fine......cheap......and they deliver to the site B-)

sshortcircuit - 2013-04-18 10:52 AM

Have looked at Arena Blanca in the past but never gone in. I have seen it parked right out to the front but not so in recent times although it may depend on time of year. Just a bit out for me but you will be nearer Sharkies and the € bar just a bit further along.

La Torreta charges €20 a month for internet which is not bad. I have a long range WiFi antenna so will pick up from Arena Blanca?? alternatively there is Vilasol across the road however this useless iPad cannot connect as it does not have Flash Player.

We are booked for a month so will have a better look at the others and then may meander a bit inland or whatever.

Where is Arena Blanca in relation to Vilasol and La Torreta. There is a campsite behind the Villasol but I didn't think that was the Arena Blanca.

Guest JudgeMental

I topped up LPG when dropping Mrs M of at Alicante airport, and filling station had the adapter under the counter.

arena blanca is on Avenida Dr. Severo Ochoa,the road out of town... Its opposite the much bigger Raco and a bit further up on opposite side. its small with excellent heated showers and small heated pool. I went there because Syd goes there and I really enjoy his company:-D

remember the the sat footprint is supposed to be changing this summer so reception is supposed to get a lot worse and nigh on impossible with a small dish *-)

edit: must admit Vilasol looks a nice site

JudgeMental - 2013-04-18 1:00 PM

I topped up LPG when dropping Mrs M of at Alicante airport, and filling station had the adapter under the counter.

arena blanca is on Avenida Dr. Severo Ochoa,the road out of town... Its opposite the much bigger Raco and a bit further up on opposite side. its small with excellent heated showers and small heated pool. I went there because Syd goes there and I really enjoy his company:-D

Thanks. I'll take a look although it might be a bit further from the front than I would like. Neither of us is keen on the Raco as the regimented lines and small pitches are not to our liking even though the facilities are good. We tend to go to Vilasol as my wife likes it there. I like the Torretta just for its location but my wife hates it there because of the yapping dogs throughout the night.

As far as satellite is concerned this is available on site. Can I plug my Aldi receiver into this or does it need a Sky type box?

With respect to yappy dogs how recent was this and are they coming from a specific location (kennels)?

Thanks about LPG. My brother lives in Torrevejia and I when I visit him will pass by Alicante and top up there.

There will be more??????????? and thanks a lot

Guest JudgeMental
sshortcircuit - 2013-04-18 1:30 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-04-18 1:22 PM

Well....... if we are all there is September we may as well have a meet! :D

No problem. Will these young ladies in your Avatar be there *-)

No fear of that! someone has to work to keep me in the style I have become accustomed to... ;-)

anyway....Syd introduced me to sticky Vicky's daughter last year

Hi Eddie

I am out here now, been here two days.

Love this campsite, smallish (about 200 plots) Bus stops just outside the gate every 15 mins through the day and every 20 mins in the evenings.

Drinks amd meals are cheap and available either on the site or 7mins walk down the street.

Pool is fantastic, nothing bad about this site that I am aware of

We are on Plot 80 and anyone is welcome to call in and share either a can or a cuppa especially on Sat 1st June from say 2pm

Guest JudgeMental
Syd - 2013-04-18 8:32 PM

Hi Eddie

I am out here now, been here two days.

Love this campsite, smallish (about 200 plots) Bus stops just outside the gate every 15 mins through the day and every 20 mins in the evenings.

Drinks amd meals are cheap and available either on the site or 7mins walk down the street.

Pool is fantastic, nothing bad about this site that I am aware of

We are on Plot 80 and anyone is welcome to call in and share either a can or a cuppa especially on Sat 1st June from say 2pm

SHHHH!!! its the best kept secret in town! :-D

Archived