Fiat 500 - comments please!

Mel B

nowtelse2do - 2013-04-16 10:11 PM

OK if you are not large people, I believe they are a bit cramped but never been in one Mel.

Dave

Fortunately we're not large although hubby is working on a beer belly! *-) However, they are actually quite spacious inside, even sitting in the back there was plenty of leg and head room. It is actually larger inside than a Mini!

Ps. One of those Messerschmitt bubble car has sold at auction over in the States for nearly £225,000. 8-) Just found it -Tg500 Tiger £215,520

At yes, the Messerschmitt Tiger - a rare 4-wheel microcar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FMR_Tg500

The more common one is the 3-wheeler KR200:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_KR200

donna miller - 2013-04-16 10:20 PM

My sister in law has got the sport model and swears its the best car she's ever had, her fella is 6'6" and has no problems with it other than an alarm going off if he goes above80 mph.

Must admit it seems to fulfill our desire to have a less 'normal' lookingn car that is fun to use too, but a bit more practical than our Smart ... we did say if we could find a larger version of the Smart we'd snap it up, and I think this is as close as we're going to get! :-D

We looked at the Fiat, yes they are quite roomy. We need a car with a very low insurance premium to allow my son to be a named driver. The quotes for the Fiat were not that good so we ruled it out. It should not be a problem for someone over 21 years.

Our current favorite is the Dacia Sandero. Richard Hammond liked it. Amazing price of £5995. They have only been available since January so I am a bit cautious. Trouble is I keep calling it the Dacia Solero.

Hi AliB, the Dacia is actually bigger than the Modus so no go with that.

BUT .... we found a dealer on the web advertising the model of Fiat 500 we like for £9000 OTR, pre-reg with a 13 plate. Rang them up and got an offer on our car which wasn't too bad but as the 500s were being sold very much below normal prices we still felt it was a very good deal. We went to have a look at some 500s again locally to confirm we wanted one as I wasn't totally sure if hubby was really 'settled' on it or not ... just a gut feeling I supposed ... he kept saying the car was a good 'compromise' but I couldn't get out of him what the 'compromise' was he was really talking about if he definitely wanted the 500! *-)

We had a look again and I don't think he was totally happy to 'compromise' so it's a good job that we viewed them again and have now ruled the Fiat 500 out!!! *-) *-) *-)

I'll start another thread with latest 'developments'!!!! :D :D :D

AliB - 2013-04-17 10:18 AM

We looked at the Fiat, yes they are quite roomy. We need a car with a very low insurance premium to allow my son to be a named driver. The quotes for the Fiat were not that good so we ruled it out. It should not be a problem for someone over 21 years.

Our current favorite is the Dacia Sandero. Richard Hammond liked it. Amazing price of £5995. They have only been available since January so I am a bit cautious. Trouble is I keep calling it the Dacia Solero.

Had a test drive t'other day (along with Duster), first impressions on looking in and around was a bit 'tinny' on getting in was pleased with the good height doors and seemed 'open' and plenty of room, unfortunately driving it was not pleasant, not particularly good suspension and noisey, which seemed odd, as the Duster was quite good for the money although a little floaty at speed.

Archived