ReversingCamersUK

whatsupdoc

I've just had twin reversing cameras installed - bought from http://www.reversingcamerasuk.com - excellent quality, and they make such a huge difference.

More importantly the owner, Chris, was not only initially extremely helpful, but went out of his way to sort things out when I had a problem. Very refreshing to get that sort of service.

If you're thinking of getting a camera, I would definitely recommend him.

(BTW I have no connection to the company - just one very satisfied customer!)

• 9 months later...
Guest JudgeMental

Looking through old threads and found this.

If I change the van ( waiting on vehicle inspection on mine) will need a reversing camera.......if you guys don't mind, how are you getting on with this system, which ones did you choose, and how much was fitting please......German dealer offers Waeco for 900 euro but don't want to spend that much :-S

I have had these twin cameras fitted on both my motorhomes from this company. Very happy with the quality price and service. Never had any problems with either of them

Of the top of my head I think it was less than £300 inc the fitting ( I got local company to do it for me )

I fitted a bullet camera next to the number plate as I did not want to put holes in a new van, it's fine for making sure the area is clear but too wide angle for precise reversing but makes it a dodle backing up to the garage door. Monitor was the one that fits over the mirror, looks good works well but has a high gloss finish on the glass makes it difficult to see in bright sun.

Had a monitor fail at six months Revering Cameras UK replaced without question. Will buy from them for the new van.

For the new van I am going to get a double DIN stereo with 6" screen then I can feed the camera into that, will go for the twin Lens camera and drill a hole this time. They do 2 twin lens cameras, standard one need 17mm hole for the cable for a few quid more the have one with a smaller connector that only needs an 8mm hole.

Guest JudgeMental
lennyhb - 2014-01-23 9:56 AM

For the new van I am going to get a double DIN stereo with 6" screen then I can feed the camera into that, will go for the twin Lens camera and drill a hole this time. They do 2 twin lens cameras, standard one need 17mm hole for the cable for a few quid more the have one with a smaller connector that only needs an 8mm hole.

I want the twin view as well....would you mind being a bit more specific about which one your going for as so many on their site.

local alarm chap will fit for approx £60-70 so about half the price of the Waeco...I know it superior, but a new van means loads of stuff to buy...

lennyhb - 2014-01-23 11:49 AM

AliB - 2014-01-23 10:23 AM

Well what can I say, my WWW profile must not be working!

Looks like MMM has blocked the link, I expect you don't spend enough on advertising with them. :D

Not fair - yours works.

AliB - 2014-01-23 11:57 AM

lennyhb - 2014-01-23 11:49 AM

AliB - 2014-01-23 10:23 AM

Well what can I say, my WWW profile must not be working!

Looks like MMM has blocked the link, I expect you don't spend enough on advertising with them. :D

Not fair - yours works.

You could always try re-entering your website address on your Profile.

Several forum members have provided a website address that relates to their commercial interests. If you've been singled out for 'special treatment' without being contacted about it, you'd be justified in asking why.

Derek Uzzell - 2014-01-23 2:07 PM

You could always try re-entering your website address on your Profile.

Several forum members have provided a website address that relates to their commercial interests. If you've been singled out for 'special treatment' without being contacted about it, you'd be justified in asking why.

Thanks Derek, I will follow that route. The link was more to show we have a knowledge of the subject of reversing cameras and the market which I would gladly pass on to forum members.

Archived