Spare Wheel housing recall.

Starseeker

I have a Peugeot Boxer on a 57 plate with spare wheel housing recall. The first dealer I took it to falsely claimed to have done the recall (confirmed with Peugeot). Second dealer did the recall and billed (as the first decided to pay rather than admit what they had done) the first on 8th Sept 2012. On 5the April 2013 that replacement failed. I went back to the second dealer today 16th April who now refuse to fit a new housing . They say the parts provided cannot be fitted properly (despite doing so first time) as it would fail again, commenting that the cable have to be brought under such tension to fit the mechanism as it is bound to fail again. Quite clearly they should have realised this on the first occasion. They have now agreed to contact Peugeot for guidance.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM AND IF SO HOW WAS IT RESOLVED ?

Apart from contacting Peugeot to verify that the first attempt was not completed properly, have you contacted Peugeot yourself to advise them what the second dealer has told you? If it were me, I'd be reluctant to rely on third-hand information from the Peugeot garage as to what Peugeot themselves are saying.

Archived