Suarez

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
I have little interest in football....................but if I bit someone I'd be arrested for assault 8-)...........so why not Suarez? *-)

pelmetman - 2013-04-22 6:14 PM

I have little interest in football....................but if I bit someone I'd be arrested for assault 8-)...........so why not Suarez? *-)

I've always accepted that if someone really loses their temper they may punch someone - or even kick someone.

But - biting them ? I thought that ended once you passed two years old.

Still - we have to remember that these people are very good at kicking a ball about - so it's only right that they don't have to obey the same laws as everyone else.

Stand by for real sanctions to be applied against him by the F.A. ( but don't hold your breath).

:-(

I am surprised no one "in the game" is talking about the assault implications. If you did this on the street you would be facing criminal proceedings and most likely a psychiatric assessment.

That man is clearly unstable.

As others have said - you tend to grow out of these sorts of actions by the time you are two years of age.

You watch - Liverpool will condone it as he has undoubted skills even if his sanity is borderline. And the result will be kids thinking it ok to bite others. If the "Beautiful Game" wants to even try to live up to that description it needs some sanity on this.

Remember, this isn't the first time either Check out his appalling record - even drawing blood the last time!

Add that to his other 'previous' - totally unacceptable.

But as you say Liverpool will defend him because he's a half decent player and top scorer.

What is more galling is that he remained on the pitch and then went on to score the equaliser!!

Maybe he's Mike Tysons love-child?

Mind you looking at those rodent like incisors it's hardly surprising - like a beaver (lol)

I lost all interest in Football when it became the thing to need such a high wage and must win at all cost.

Whats wrong with playing to enjoy the game and if you win its a bonus.

There was a football tournament in our local park last weekend for youngsters, the Parents were like fanatics shouting at the players!

Animals bite in defence, or when attacking for food.

Suarez is definitely one of the most unfair players. There should be not room for racist taunts and assaults on opponents on the pitch and in general! I agree that UEFA/FIFA should ban him for a long period of time and also that Liverpool should think about how to handle him in the future. Since he doesn't respect any values that a great club like Liverpool likes to stand for, both club and player should mabye go seperate ways in the future.

Guest pelmetman

Next time I'm caught biting someone I hope I just get banned from playing football for 10 games :D................

Its a joke.................in more ways than one *-)

Over paid prima donna........he should be banned for 'life' from professional football...and 'charged' with assault.  As it seems biting is a reflex action on his part there's obviously something wrong with his mental state.  As these players are role models for thousands of youngsters there's no place for the like of him in the game.

pepe63 - 2013-04-24 5:15 PM

I've heard quite few on the TV & radio, that seem to be up in arms about it and banging on about how it's too severe!?..*-)

Too severe!!??? What would they rather have? A ban of 2 games? 10 games are the minimum imo...

Banter - 2013-04-25 2:58 PM

pepe63 - 2013-04-24 5:15 PM

I've heard quite few on the TV & radio, that seem to be up in arms about it and banging on about how it's too severe!?..*-)

Too severe!!??? What would they rather have? A ban of 2 games? 10 games are the minimum imo...

The argument put up by some of his supporters is that other players who have made dangerous tackles have not been treated so 'harshly'

They don't see that tackling a player to get the ball is part of the game football - biting an opponent, who didn't even appear to have the ball, is not..

As he is ( apparently ) so brilliant, I imagine a lot of opponents in the future will be goading him on to do it again so that he is eventually banned for good.

;-)

Footballers would do well to take in a few rugby union games . Proper " hard " men who play a tough game but who give the officials respect and don't push , grab , swear at the ref for the most pathetic of reason .

As someone who has always watched football , these days I cannot due to the blatant cheating , diving etc that goes on , women's beach volleyball is my game these days .

If you look up 'Dangerous play in Rugby Union' on wikipaedia Antony, you will find entries under:- 1.)'Punching & Fighting',2.)'Stamping & kicking' 3.)'Biting' --usually of ears/lobes, but one player had a finger bitten off; 4.)'dangerous tackles' and,finally, in my opinion worst of all:-5.)'eye-gouging'

Hardly a pleasant game then, is it?

Rugby was said to be :"A game for hooligans, played by gentlemen" -- and they live up to it!

Soccer, conversely, is: "A game for gentlemen, played by hooligans" -- most of them are!

Cheers,

Colin.

P.S. I thought they played Rugby League in your part of the world -- a far cleaner game, no scrummaging!

C.

As a person who has always been interested in "Sport" I am appalled at the antics of some of these overpaid, posturing, cheating foreign pillocks that are disgracing the game of Football in this country. I have taken part in many sports including Rugby League, Rugby Union, Football and Field Sports but have never had to resort to the sort of tactics employed today by some so called "Sportsmen" but then I was never on that sort of money!! It's the outsize wages that are killing sport!!!!!!!!!! :-( B-)

bigal - 2013-04-25 8:24 PM

As a person who has always been interested in "Sport" I am appalled at the antics of some of these overpaid, posturing, cheating foreign pillocks that are disgracing the game of Football in this country. I have taken part in many sports including Rugby League, Rugby Union, Football and Field Sports but have never had to resort to the sort of tactics employed today by some so called "Sportsmen" but then I was never on that sort of money!! It's the outsize wages that are killing sport!!!!!!!!!! :-( B-)

I just think that the top level of football is no longer " sport " - it's simply a business.

:-(

Archived