How to download POIs for a Tom Tom

chris

Can someone please direct me to an advise sheet, file, you tube or link to explain simply how to download POIs for my new Tom Tom.

I have googled and not much sense. Do I use a site like poihandler? Novice at this so help required please

Thanks

Chris

Guest 1footinthegrave

First of all we do not know what Tom Tom you have so hard to advise. But go here to their support page.

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13814/~/how-can-i-install-or-remove-third-party-pois%3F

MyTomTom

TomTom HOME

GO LIVE Camper & Caravan

GO LIVE Top Gear edition

GO 800 series

GO LIVE 820 & GO LIVE 825

GO 1000 series

GO LIVE 1000, GO 1000, GO LIVE 1005 & GO 1005

Via series

Via 110, Via 120, Via LIVE 120, Via LIVE 125, Via 130 & Via 135

Start 60

Start 20 series

Start 20 & Start 25

GO x50 series

GO 950 LIVE, GO 950, GO 750 LIVE, GO 750, GO 550 LIVE & GO 550

GO x40 series

GO 940 LIVE, GO 940, GO 740 LIVE, GO 740 & GO 540 LIVE

GO x30 series

GO 930, GO 730, GO 630 & GO 530

GO x20 series

GO 920, GO 720 & GO 520

GO x10 series

GO 910, GO 710 & GO 510

GO x00 series

GO 700, GO 500 & GO 300

GO

XXL series

XXL Classic & XXL IQ Routes

XL series

XL Classic, XL LIVE IQ Routes, XL IQ Routes & XL IQ Routes²

Start series

Start Classic, Start, Start²

ONE series

ONE IQ Routes, ONE 30 series, ONE 3rd Edition, ONE 2nd Edition & ONE 1st Edition

Guest 1footinthegrave

OK so we are goer, you'll need to instal the latest software on your computer from here and the whole thing is far from a walk in the park for a novice, but stick with me.

https://tomtom.com/en_gb/mytomtom/getstarted/

Then you need to download the appropriate POI files in OV2 format, but I'm guessing you want POI files for sites etc, but need you to clarify really.

Once you have OV2 files to work with and saved on your computer, you'll need to be on the latest 1005 application software (10.111 at least as I understand it for the 1005). Then, when you connect the 1005 to your PC, and have MyTomTom installed, you should be able to select "add shared POI's" from MyTomTom, navigate to the OV2 file(s) on your computer, and load them into your 1005.

Probably best to get back to me to clarify if any of the above makes sense before we go any further. ;-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Basil - 2013-04-23 8:14 PM

Suggest you look at Way2Go's sticky third down in 'Hints and Tips'.

Bas

Is there something missing in my post then ? :-S

On my old Tomtom One v3 I had 30 sets (BMP + OV2 files) of POIs on mt PC which I just dragged into the Western Europe map folder on the Tomtom and everything was fine.

I bought a Tomtom XXL Western europe yesterday (can get all countries on the same map which not possible with ONE) and did the same with all my POIs.

All seemd OK but some of the icons on the map have defaulted to something strange, not the picture as shown on the ONE.

I have logged a case with Tomtom and sent them one good and one 'bad' icon in BMP format - I await their response.

Anyone else had this anomaly and found a solution?

Thanks for any help, off to Europe on friday.

Archived