Cup holder recommendations

Way2Go

We have a Ducato chassis / cab and would like to carry a couple of mugs / drink cans / Costa coffee containers en-route and we're wanting some advice as to how other peeps carry their coffee / drinks.

We've bought a couple of cheap drinks holders from ebay . . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Can-Cup-Drink-Holder-For-Car-Van-2-pcs-/190781618210?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c6b787822

. . . and hooked them over the locker compartment cover in the lower middle of the dashboard but they slide from side to side when cornering and aren't really suitable.

We were wondering how other peeps solved this problem. Any recommendations would be swell.

W2G

I bought a couple of those, screwed then to a piece of 3x2 CLS (Wooden studding) approximately 4" long and they now sit in the door pockets just below the door handles. They are a snug fit but can be slid backwards or forwards to accomodate the different vessels

This is wrong on so many levels firstly do you drink when in motion,if you do when in control of the vehicle that is dangerous driving, Second why Costa these so called over hyped dear suppliers are one of the causes of the death of the coffee shop.

I would not advise hot drinks while moving. But if you get some of the non slip mating , if you have a flat surface, that is very good in keeping things in place. We only drink carton drinks (with a straw) while on the move, and always stop for a coffee/tea breaks

PJay

Roadpro do cup holders designed to slip between door window and door, we have a pair in our camper albeit I screwed them in place. We use insulated cups with fixed lids and I see no problem with drinking from these while driving as long as it is done with forethought, i.e. only on straight roads like motorways. I don't see this as dangerous, certainly no worse than taking a cigarette out of a packet, fumbling for the lighter then lighting the ciggy and spending the next five minutes having to take one's eyes off the road to flick the ash into an ashtray.

D.

Patricia - 2013-04-23 8:13 PM

I seem to remember these cup holders and I believe they are designed to slide down between the window glass and the door panel.

They are-but only on cars. The van doors are too wide to take these and consequently they won't fit. I have a 2006 model before the facelift and fit mine as follows:

Cut back flap off, drill hole in upright piece then remove screw/stud which holds fuse cover in place on dashboard, put screw through holder then replace in dash-bit low but serves the purpose.

Oh and you can get them in the pound shops for a £1 with no postage-cheaper than Ebay.

Mike

yeti - 2013-04-23 6:37 PM

This is wrong on so many levels firstly do you drink when in motion,if you do when in control of the vehicle that is dangerous driving, Second why Costa these so called over hyped dear suppliers are one of the causes of the death of the coffee shop.

Yeti - your answer was "wrong on so many levels". Either answer my question or ignore it but don't preach to me your views on life and morals.

I need a good coffee to keep me awake whilst using my laptop on the dash looking for sites, whilst driving along, so I can phone ahead with my sometimes spare hand. In between using my laptop, cigarettes, phoning and texting me mates and . . . . yes the odd Stella I sometimes feel more like a juggler. Still haven't hit anything yet although I've had a few near misses.

Coming to a black spot near you . . . . .

Talking of coffee, I have no idea what a "over hyped dear supplier" is.

I need a good coffee to keep me awake whilst using my laptop on the dash looking for sites, whilst driving along, so I can phone ahead with my sometimes spare hand. In between using my laptop, cigarettes, phoning and texting me mates and . . . . yes the odd Stella I sometimes feel more like a juggler. Still haven't hit anything yet although I've had a few near misses.

:-D

I'm with yeti, drinking hot coffee at the wheel is at least on Parr with using a mobile phone. the solution with a phone is you can use it hands free, it would have to be a long straw for coffee.

Well go on.....lets have another gripe......Driving and listening to music with ear plugs in..."what siren?"

Dave

Costa,Non-tax paying Starbucks,Cafe Nero,Pret a manger et al these are all over hyped and over priced.

Look at Totnes transition town,they stopped the relentless march of the multi nationals.

Pity there isn't an emoticon for blowing a raspberry :-D

My son was driving a VW LT out on the M4 when a rear tyre blew. After he got it under control, weaving across lanes, he found it had taken out the brakes. He reckons that if he hadn't had both hands on the wheel at the time he would have lost control because the snatch was so sudden and violent.

Archived