Autotrail solar panel

Pampam

Hello can anyone explain to me please whether the factory fitted solar panel on my 2010arapaho will charge my vehicle battery or just the habitation battery or both? I've just part exchanged it and the information brochure doesn't mention the solar panel thanks

It should charge the leisure batteries or the engine battery depending on the battery selected on the control panel, if you have selected "smart charge" in the menu then it SHOULD charge the leisures first and when they are full it should switch over to the engine battery. Check the location of your panel, Autotrail have a silly habit of fitting the panel adjacent to the Status aeriel which then puts a shadow over the panel in most conditions rendering the panel almost useless.

D.

The 2010 model does not have a smart panel or an option to select "Smart charge".

The panel over the door has a button to select the vehicle battery, so with all the lights on that panel "out" the the panel will charge the leisure battery. When this/these battery are fully charged the charge will automatically divert to the vehicle battery. However, if you press the vehicle battery button (over the door) and that illuminates the charger will only charge the leisure battery.

Thank you so if I understand it right if control panel lights are out ( it's in storage so no electric hook up ) it should charge first the leisure battery then when that's fully charged , the vehicle battery on a good day with sun in right direction hopefully thanks for your replies .......

Thanks again for being bothered I had emailed autotrail but haven't received a reply so tried this forum ,and presto ... Problem solved. I don't understand the machinations of it really ,why if it states vehicle battery on the control panel it charges the leisure battery ? My main concern is the vehicle battery as storage is very remote place. Had a new apache before this and had 2 solar panels installed on roof which were brilliant by automate near Lincoln (would recommend them to others ) but have part exed for arapaho 2010 ,with not many instructions sooooo last question coming up. Should this solar panel keep my vehicle battery happy thru the winter or should I take another trip to automate for a second panel ??... Thanks pampam

The solar panel on my AT Tracker keeps all the batteries charged over winter except this year when there was snow on the roof for three weeks. Worth remembering! Once the snow was cleared from the panel everything was sorted after couple of days of bright daylight.

Archived