Does anyone want my business, cambelt change

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave
I must confess given the fact that at least in our neck of the woods we never, and I do mean never see a Fiat van used by any couriers. Given the debacle I have experienced over the last few weeks trying to get such a commonplace job done, and even a Fiat main dealer not having sufficient knowledge of my Fiat van makes me despair and probably explains a lot in their choice of vehicles, Trannies, Mercs,and Vivaros. :-(

Guest 1footinthegrave
rupert123 - 2013-04-24 4:24 PM

Just seen your post so probably to late but these guys do a cambelt for most Ducato base vehicles for £225.00 fitted. Fair way to go but just off the M6 so easy to get at, they are highly recommended as well. C & M Auto services at Lancaster tel. 01524 843721

Ah one of the drawbacks of living here I guess, a 314 mile round trip, but thanks anyway. You really would think there would be at least one reputable outfit in Gwynedd to get the job done though, :'(

Dave Newell - 2013-04-24 6:34 PM

Muswell - 2013-04-24 2:27 PM

Dave Newell - 2013-04-24 2:06 PM

Whilst I don't do cambelts myself, Halfords Autocentre next door will happily do them for around £300 from memory.

D.

I recently met a mechanic who worked at one of these. I wouldn't use them.

A rather blinkered view though. The mechanics who work at Halfords next to my unit are all good time served blokes, they do all our MOTs and have done several cambelts for our customers, they also did the belt on my work Ducato although I did my own on the Iveco camper (due again later this year) and on my MX5 hillclimb car as they are both relatively simple being north south engines rather than transverse.

D.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. He was very negative about the management attitude which he said was aimed at maximising the final bill.

Try this bloke he done my mates 2008 2,3 Fiat with aircon the other week including all tensioners and belts, for considerably less than I paid at Fiats. Near Shrewsbury apparently he knows Fiats inside out

Peter Robinson 01952 771293 or 07738 297414 email robinsonautos@aol.com

Good luck

Guest 1footinthegrave
Many thanks, however got it booked in now after a recommendation from Pepe, but I have made a note of it, so thanks again. ;-) Just need to get some decent mechanics to move to Gwynedd, they'd make a fortune ;-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
Melvin - 2013-04-25 3:24 PM

Shame I did not know you were so close, otherwise I would have advised Groom's garage in Newtown Powys, never mind.

Oh b*****ks comes to mind, did not know of them, had tried Border garage at Welshpool, never got an email or a call back from them though. :-S But many thanks for that, have made note of them. ;-)

Melvin - 2013-04-25 3:24 PM

Shame I did not know you were so close, otherwise I would have advised Groom's garage in Newtown Powys, never mind.

Have you used them? That could be very convenient if we end up moving our base to the border.

rupert123 - 2013-04-24 4:24 PM

Just seen your post so probably to late but these guys do a cambelt for most Ducato base vehicles for £225.00 fitted. Fair way to go but just off the M6 so easy to get at, they are highly recommended as well. C & M Auto services at Lancaster tel. 01524 843721

We had ours done there £225 all in takes 1.5 hours. We made aday trip and looked rond Lancaster.

norm

Archived