Autotrail Reverse/rear viw camera

crbtaylor

Hi all, I bought a twin camera system with mirror monitor for my AT Delaware. Got the monitor in, powered and cables ran to the back of the van. I was originally going to mount the camera under the factory fitted one on the back wall. Then I thought why not replace the existing single lens with the double but how do I remove the panel that the exising camera is in? It appears to be glued in with mastic but despite carefully cutting the mastic the panel refuses to budge, Any one ever attempted to remove the panel?

This has come up before:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/REAR-CAMERA-HOUSING-REMOVAL/27713/

The forum member "indi" last logged on to the forum on 23 April, so you might want to PM him to see if he eventually succeeded in removing his Auto-Trail's camera housing.

If (as seems probable) Auto-Trail has used a powerful adhesive like Sikaflex to attach the housing, the joint between housing and body-panel(s) will need to be cut completely through. Cutting part way through the joint won't be enough.

Archived