Which Motorhome's Biggest Ever Group Test

Lucie Cranfield

JudgeMental - 2013-05-04 5:15 PM

There are Adria twins from 2004 so at least from that date, and your right the forerunner of many imitators and some have overtaken them both in design and quality...Still a decent enough van compared with overpriced rubbish for sale here...

Brian do you really think I'm at all bothered re some numpties boring justifications...

I must be one of the numpties then Eddie seeing as I bought a 'euro' type layout but from a British maker and obviously paid waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much to get what we wanted! 8-)

You have your view and are perfectly entitled to it, however, I must admit I get a bit 'bored' by being referred to as a numpty, or other such names, simply because you don't get why we bought what we have.

Not everyone wants to buy a LHD van, we certainly didn't want one, so although I know it is possible to get a RHD one from a dealer in Belgium, Germany etc, that is rare as far as I'm aware and I'm not sure what value it would have in the future which is relative for selling on - would it be classes for example as a 'grey import'? You are fortunate in that you live where you do so popping across the water isn't a major issue for you if you need to go for some warranty work etc, but for those of us 'up north' etc it isn't that simple.

Please, just accept that people choose the van/motorhome that SUITS THEM, it may not make sense to you why, but it is their 'right' and that should be respected. Debate it by all means but please stop referring to people who don't do the same as you as numpties etc. :-D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental
You know very well who I was referring to and it was not meant as a generalization, so heartfelt apologies..Have a lovely holiday sweetie :-D

Evening all,

So to get back to the original post ,it is quite helpful when researching the possibilty of a pvc

As I am in the market for a new pvc my conculsion is that I would not pick any of the 15 but would go for the globecar family scout L as this affords more lounge space for the british climate ,also the longer nights when remaining indoors ,but this is on tha xlb ducato.and not the 6 metrewheelbase The next would be the devon sahara with modifications to the lounge area.

One of the big problems with pvc conversions is that the converters try to get as many berths in as possible such as 3 or 4 berth when thevans are moresuitale for2berth, this has been highlighted by the judge on afew occasions.

norm

Archived