Internet TV via USB & WIFI

Tracker

Has anyone any experience of this please for use on t'other side of t'channel?

http://www.windsorproducts.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=140

I'm sure it has been discussed before but I can't seem to find it via the search?

You wouldn't want to use it at home unless you have truly unlimited internet data as it consumes huge volumes of data but it does seem, on the surface of it, to have potential for the odd occasions that you can get a wifi signal?

Guest JudgeMental
like I said it works here you can look at european channels. and Patrica and chap who posted it seem to find it OK...maybe you can donate the 15 squids to a charity of my choosing..... :-D

JudgeMental - 2013-04-25 8:33 PM

like I said it works here you can look at european channels. and Patrica and chap who posted it seem to find it OK...maybe you can donate the 15 squids to a charity of my choosing..... :-D

Yeah - me :-D :-D :-D

Filmon TV works fine on WiFi, as long as the speed is good. If the speed is slow, forget it, it will keep buffering and drive you mad. You can also download Expat TV and watch BBC iPlayer and ITV Player, again you need a reasonable speed. Not something you are guaranteed to get at night when the rest of the site is also on the WiFi connection.

The biggest problem now with campsite WiFI is most people have smartphones and stay logged on 24/7 which drags the systems down.

I have a 10db gain aerial on the roof of the van and still have intermittent speed problems.

Download a load of films or other programs whilst at home onto an external hard drive and take that with you. Watch the news in the morning when the WiFi is quieter.

I was trying to watch a programme late this afternoon but the weather is bad here ( very low and very thick cloud) so most of the channels were either broken up or none existent. Then I remembered filmon. Loaded the programme and could watch every channel clearly. My wifi here is very slow too but no problem and no waiting for buffering. Brilliant. You can record too although I think that perk is limited to 10 hrs before you have to pay. So I recorded the programme I wanted to watch but I had clicked on the wrong channel! Must be more careful next time but overall seems much better than iPlayer etc. which is so slow.

Archived