ADAC......problems in the UK

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

From another forum, although I think the original post was on Fun, don't know whether the guy had the full monty cover :-|

i had a problem with our van two weeks ago and had to use our service with ADAC, all went well with the call for help, spoke to a few guys and got sorted, they told me the AA would ring me and sort out my problem. the guy from the AA was there in 35 mins and befor he did anything he told me i only had basic cover and a recovery home was not possible, a local garage would be my only option. i was 20 mile from home and have my own garage and asked him to tow me there mostly on duel carrageway, sorry was the reply local garage only, i did get him to tow start me as it was a starter motor problem and i then drove home. i have spoken to ADAC since and they have confirmed that a recovery to home is now not possible in the uk, she said it would be better for me to use a UK recovery service as well as ADAC, so i am now loking for the best deal for me with a 3 ton van 5.5 mts long, any ideas please?

I'm a big fan of ADAC myself. We've been members for18 months and called them out for 3 different vehicles in 3 different countries in that time, always with good service and excellent results. Latest was with the Burstner in Austria at Easter - we had some problem with ignition key and barrel which was un-fixable, but the the guy pointed us to a nearby garage which was fantastic - fixed the problem and actually Mended something instead of just chucking it away and putting in a new bit.

I've used them here and in Slovakia as well, and they've always been good - £95 per annum is fantastic compared with organisations here.

(Not that I'm a fan or anything (lol) )

pelmetman - 2013-04-25 8:17 PM

johnnerontheroad - 2013-04-25 8:02 PM

This is the original post, read all of it as it seems the AA have sorted it.

http://www.motorhome365.com/forum/threads/recovery-again.1581/#post-34139

Dave

Where's the bit about the AA sorting it? :-S[/quote

"]I have also spoken to the AA as i wanted clarification.

They have a recorded and logged conversation between myself and themselves which clarifies that i have the same reciprical cover in the u.k as i have with the a.d.a.c.

They gave me the number that i would need to ring for their fleet recovery service (as my vehicle is 6.3 tonnes max)"

That's why I said read all the post.

Guest pelmetman
johnnerontheroad - 2013-04-25 9:13 PM

Dave

They have a recorded and logged conversation between myself and themselves which clarifies that i have the same reciprical cover in the u.k as i have with the a.d.a.c.

They gave me the number that i would need to ring for their fleet recovery service (as my vehicle is 6.3 tonnes max)"

But that post was after my post :-S..............

pelmetman - 2013-04-25 9:21 PM

Dave

4.03pm yours 6.37pm

Guest pelmetman
johnnerontheroad - 2013-04-25 9:41 PM

pelmetman - 2013-04-25 9:21 PM

Dave

4.03pm yours 6.37pm

Aaah it was Coola's post :D.....................I was rereading your posts............silly me :$

Archived