That Wretched Cookie Banner - again!

Tracker

It takes me three goes to get that wretched cookie banner to go away every time I log on - why?

I appreciate that you have to show the cookie policy but could Warners techy people consider doing as many other websites now do please and that is write within the cookie banner that continuing with using the site and/or logon equates to acceptance of the stated cookie policy and that the next key strike of any key - unless the non acceptance box is ticked, in which the site would be exited - will then make the cookie banner disappear as confirmed acceptance of said cookie policy by the user?

PLEASE!

Guest JudgeMental

The site interface in desperate need of a facelift anyway....it is woefully behind the times compared to other forum software and many of said software is free *-)

Advertising seems to be an obsession both on here and the magazine :-S

Guest JudgeMental
sambukashot - 2013-04-26 10:49 AM

And i cant reply on the forums using my ipad?

I'm using mine now....

Never had a problem using an ipad, are you sure you are logged in on the ipad otherwise you won't be able to reply.

Cookie ban comes up occasionally no rime or reason when. sometimes comes up as a transparent overlay on the ipad & then a pig to get rid of.

Since the last tweaks made to cookie notification I've had no problems at all, thats running XP and chrome, Win7 and Chrome, and Nokia and Symbian, Once the 'close message' button is 'pressed' it doesn't reappear until I've cleared history/chache, which is just how it should work and how it works on any other site.

colin - 2013-04-26 1:06 PM

Since the last tweaks made to cookie notification I've had no problems at all, thats running XP and chrome, Win7 and Chrome, and Nokia and Symbian, Once the 'close message' button is 'pressed' it doesn't reappear until I've cleared history/chache, which is just how it should work and how it works on any other site.

Same for me using a Mac and Safari. (In fact, I don't recall the "cookie banner" ever appearing during my use of this website, though I assume it will have once.)

I have the banner there constantly and clicking it does not remove it.

I have complained to site admin today, received a very speedy response and hopefully they are doing something about it.

Other sites have a cookie mesage that it fairly discreet but this one is huge and obliterates a large part of the screen ................ it is not just me then ................

Harvey

I have the banner there constantly and clicking it does not remove it.

I have complained to site admin today, received a very speedy response and hopefully they are doing something about it.

Other sites have a cookie mesage that it fairly discreet but this one is huge and obliterates a large part of the screen ................ it is not just me then ................

Harvey

I too have no problems using an ipad on this site.

I use CCleaner every time I switch on my computer and it does what it says - cleans out all the c##p from the last session and that includes unwanted cookies and any other detritus deposited on my computer by websites.

My settings on Chrome and on Firefox are also set to remove all cookies at the end of every session.

I suggest contacting the site admin if the cookie banner is a problem to you. That is what I did and is probably better than discussing here. They may not see it.

The link to admin is below the last message just above the 'Magazines' banner.

Harvey

Cattwg - 2013-04-26 2:36 PM

Yes, I too see the cookie banner every time I visit the site. Clicking it does not seem to permanently remove it, despite what it says. Glad it's not just me.

Cattwg :-D

Me too and on the Ipod, the cookie takes up most of the screen.

Rgds

Well after being 'patient' the cookie banner is finally getting on my wick........I just wonder why the site has to have such an intrusive cookie banner?....and one that comes up time after time after time after time............etc etc.....irritating bloody thing.

OK, so if the cookies banner is resolved, how do I get rid of these bloody animations. I've disabled flash to calm Comforts ad, but now the animations are cropping up everywhere, and they're HUGHLY DISTRACTING!! :-( Even the blasted emoticons have gone nuts! HELP!

Those that do not get the banner each time they switch on their computer may not be using a very worthwhile programme such as CCleaner which removes at start up all the crud like temporary files and cookies and tracking devices etc stored on your machine by websites during use.

Chrome and Firefox also have the facility to clear cookies at the end of each online session if you select that function from options.

The cookie banner and all the animations are annoying me too. In addition I always have to sign in twice. The sign in remembers my name and password but the first time I click the page changes but says I have used an incorrect name or password, click again immediately and I am signed in!

Archived