Autocamp Rozac, Trogir, Croatia

Cattwg

Hi,

I’ve just taken this review off the ACSI site for Autocamp Rozac near Trogir. It’s one of very few English language reviews. I've translated a couple of the German ones and they are generally complimentary.

“Dirty toilets and showers, lots of mosquitoes. No privacy, all vans, tents and campers were situated very close to each other and it was not clear where a plot starts and ends. You are charged 30% if you stay less than 5 days”. The review is dated September 2011.

I appreciate any first hand opinions and I don’t understand the 30% extra comment?

Cattwg :-D

Guest JudgeMental

We stayed for about 3-4 nights last summer and found it OK, a simple quiet site within easy walk along beach for restaurants, beach bars and boat ferry into town etc... Its own beach fine, but steep and no shade, so you need your own umbrella as boy it was hot!. From memory:-S it was about £22 or maybe 23€ a night? late August.

No marked pitches as such, but your not squeezed in. they just walk around and give you a choice, this is pretty common in Croatia and does not bother us. A nice class of campers, lovely neighbors when we were there, mainly Dutch/German. All the best sunny beach side pitches are booked well in advance. Bikes handy as traffic can be horrendous getting on and of the island.

showers where OK? we used the small single block (never tried the main block) Its near beach bar which was nice to relax with a drink and free wifi at sundown......

Just for balance you understand;

I gave some feedback on our trip last year;

9 Trogir Rozac Autocamp (ACSI) Anarchic pitches!, not for me, fac's ok, dogs on beach, beach o-s site better. I will always associate this site with "Hurt Locker"

Croatia was great, really enjoyed it, and Brian's comments about Trogir I agree, maybe I'd do Trogir but skip Rozac

alan b

Guest JudgeMental

I think you need to chill a bit Snowie......you can't just camp where you want so where's the anarchy, and as for the hurt locker quote whats that about. If you prefer large regimented sites Croatia is full of them?

Dutch seem to like it..... It's not a top class site it's very ordinary more like a French municipal but with weather and a beach.....

http://www.zoover.co.uk/croatia/dalmatia/okrug-gornji/autocamp-rozac/campsite/?s=P2xuZz1MYW5ndWFnZV9OTCZwYXJ0eUNvbXBGbHRJZD0mcGFnZT0wJnRzdF9wZ3NpemU9MTAmc29ydD1kYXRlLW9mLXZpc2l0

JudgeMental - 2013-04-28 9:55 AM

I think you need to chill a bit Snowie......you can't just camp where you want so where's the anarchy, and as for the hurt locker quote whats that about. If you prefer large regimented sites Croatia is full of them?

Dutch seem to like it..... It's not a top class site it's very ordinary more like a French municipal but with weather and a beach.....

http://www.zoover.co.uk/croatia/dalmatia/okrug-gornji/autocamp-rozac/campsite/?s=P2xuZz1MYW5ndWFnZV9OTCZwYXJ0eUNvbXBGbHRJZD0mcGFnZT0wJnRzdF9wZ3NpemU9MTAmc29ydD1kYXRlLW9mLXZpc2l0

Well you may be right about that Judge, if I were a bit more chilled than I am at the moment I wouldn't respond so quickly; I think.

I like a bit of organization, particularly when people are taking money from me. I don't need 6M between my van and my neighbours, but I got the impression that anything goes; and it didn't suit me.

The "Hurt Locker" referred to the chaotic approach to pitch demarcation combined with the equally chaotic approach to EHU cable runs; I could have said "Cat's Cradle". It was particularly interesting when people were preparing to leave the site. The criss-crossing of cables and the random infilling of "pitches" around the central plot left quite a few campers' cables in danger of being dragged down the road by exiting vans.

If that's how you like your sites, let me have a list that I can avoid.

Yes, there are large, organized sites in Croatia, we stayed on a couple, but funnily enough, that didn't spoil our stay.

Cheers,

alan b

Guest JudgeMental

Croatia has the biggest sites in Europe, it's a hang over from the Tito days when the Yugoslavs had to holiday at home. sites with 2 - 3000 pitches or more not uncommon. Yes I agree cables chaotic and you need long cables...but is this really a justification for putting someone of a perfectly acceptable little site I think not.....It's a nice area and worth a few days of anyone's time. Some great restaurants in town. Real smart with outside air conditioning..lovely at lunch time. But if you want to get into town it's either walk or cycle ( there is a short cut)

Year before we stayed at a site near Pula, now that was chaotic ( all marked pitches taken). Someone decided to camp right in front of us blocking us in between a tree and his van, had to get reception to intervene as man beyond reason. Would have probably finished you oft :-D

JudgeMental - 2013-04-28 10:37 AM

Yes I agree cables chaotic and you need long cables...but is this really a justification for putting someone of a perfectly acceptable little site I think not.....

I think my first response to the inquiry was sufficient really; and repeat; in the interests of balance:

people on this forum do not always agree; so hear the often conflicting views. Then make up your own mind,

nuff said?

have a nice Sunday

alan b

Don't know whether it helps or not but we stayed for 3 nights on Camping Vranjica- Belvedere last August- 5km west of Trogir. It is a fairly large site but the pitches were of a very good size- and marked out. We had a good view and the facilities were fine and clean, with the site being pretty full but quiet. Trogir is lovely and we used the water taxi from the site to the town in the evenings. We also took a boat trip from the site to Split, which we thought was a good way to see it. We enjoyed our stay there and found the site pleasant enough for a short stay.

Archived