Registering a 2nd hand motorhome

John swift

Does anyone know how i can register my swift voyager i just bought it 2 weeks ago and the electric element has gone on the fridge been intouch with dealer but they say even thou its still under warrantee they cant do any thing until i register the warrantee with swift they told me to ring swift up. did that 3 days ago they said someone would ring me back but nothing can i do it on line cant seem to find anything thanks :-(

Hi John - welcome to the mad house! :-D

We bought a 2 month old Autocruise (Swift) van conversion last year and had to have it registered in our name for the warranty. You'll also need to update the International Security Register too. Fortunately I scanned the documents before filling them in so will send you a copy which should help.

You might also find it useful to join the Swift Talk forum as it is monitored by some of the Swift staff so you could ask questions on there too.

Mel

There is no reason NOT to register the warranty, but don't let the dealer fob you off. He sold the motorhome, and he is responsible for it. It is the dealer who has to repair the fridge under consumer legislation. The warranty is a separate promise from Swift to you, and is basically no business of the dealer. The dealer can in any case reclaim the cost of the fridge repairs from whoever (Dometic?) has warranted it, if it is still within warranty, but is still obliged to repair (within a reasonable time after the van was sold) it whether it is warranted or not.

An additional bit of info to the above which I posted earlier - we insisted that our DEALER registered the camper in our name (both the warranty and the ISR) as there is a fee to pay - they sold it, they should re-register it! :-D

John swift - 2013-04-29 8:16 PM

Sorry i should have mensioned we bought it private but thanks Brian

Then, if it is less than 12 months old, the fridge is guaranteed by Dometic, assuming a Dometic fridge, and probably by Thetford otherwise. Contact them direct. Details should be in the documents you got when you bought. I assume you have the handbooks/manuals? If not, get them from the previous owner. But, I'm puzzled. How old (from first registration) is this van?

Archived