AutoTrail Frontier Rear Light removal

crbtaylor

My OH said that the rear lights have a slightly flattened edge somewhere around the moulding encasing each light. He reckons its a case of pushing with fingers on this area and twisting it then the light should come out and the handbook would probably give no information on this as its a Fiat handbook not Autotrail. Good luck :-D

There's a similar inquiry here:

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-113042-days0-orderasc-0.html

The inquiry relates to replacing tail-light bulbs on a 2010 Auto-Trail Comanche, but I think a 2013 Frontier Delaware has the same rear-light arrangement.

The 2nd page of that MHF thread carries this advice from Auto-Trail:

"To remove the light you need to insert a small flat screwdriver between the plastic and the bottom edge of the light. I would place a cloth between the red plastic and the screwdriver so you do not mark the plastic. You will see a narrow slot in the base of the light. The light is held in place with a spring clip."

Follow-up advice from an MHF forum member was:

At the bottom of the light unit, under where it says "Hella", there is a channel. You need to make a thin tool bent into an L-shape at one end. Slide this into the channel with the "L" pointed up: push down and this will release the bottom of the light unit.

Archived