Dometic Seitz Mini Heki rooflight draught

Mel B

Hi all

I've been sorting out draughts on my van again and have fixed the one on the large Heki over the bed using some 1cm wide double sided tape and 2 layers of cut down camping sleep mat 'foam' cut to fit the channel round the vent. The gap is now nicely filled so no more cold wind blowing down on me on a night. :-D

I then had a look at the mini-Heki near the dinette which doesn't have a seal so there's nothing to stop the wind etc coming in. *-) Having had a good look/play with it I can't use the same methods as I have on the rear one as the channel is on the lifting 'glass' part, so I was wondering if anyone has used standard domestic draught excluder for this or whether I need to buy the 'proper' seal? I don't object to buying the proper seal but want to be sure it will solve the problem totally before doing so.

As for still having roof ventilation I'm not doing anything with the roof light in the washroom which hasn't got a seal either so there's more than enough ventilation with that! We have a carbon monoxide detector and don't use the heating overnight so should be 'safe'! :D

Mel

There are models with, or without a seal in the lid. I replaced a standard rooflight with a midi-heki, and found the same problem as you. However, it is possible to buy the seal for fitting to the permanent vent model - I ordered my seal through Todds of Preston. - not expensive and simple to fit into the channel in the lid.

Archived