This month's MMM

Hawcara

Two point in this month's MMM.

On page 212 there is an advert for a van called a Euro Treka with a slideout. Not heard of this before and not really my cup of tea, but I am curious about it.

Secondly there is a really good article about scooter racks and trailers etc. I would hope that there will be more pieces of this nature in the future and follow up letters.

:-D

Hawcara - 2013-05-01 8:24 AM

On page 212 there is an advert for a van called a Euro Treka with a slideout. Not heard of this before and not really my cup of tea, but I am curious about it.

It does look a bit like a horsebox though,doesn't it.... :-S

(..although that's probably because we've been "brainwashed" with boring white vans for years..(lol) )

http://www.moto-trek.co.uk/motorhome/euro-treka/

A new one on me too.

It's worth noting that two models of motorhome are offered, the large "Euro-Treka" coachbuilt 6-wheeler with slide-out showm in the MMM advert and (for the more budget-conscious and or tin-box afficionados) a Peugeot Boxer-based panel-van conversion called "Leisure-Treka" with five possible layouts.

http://www.moto-trek.co.uk/motorhome/test/

Given its standard specification, Leisure-Treka's £38k OTR asking-price is attractive.

Hawcara - 2013-05-01 8:24 AMTwo point in this month's MMM.On page 212 there is an advert for a van called a Euro Treka with a slideout. Not heard of this before and not really my cup of tea, but I am curious about it.Secondly there is a really good article about scooter racks and trailers etc. I would hope that there will be more pieces of this nature in the future and follow up letters. :-D

Not had time to read it yet but it's nice to have something positive said ....maybe the 'cookery' thread got their attention...:-)

I examined the Moto-trek van conversion that was at the Peterborough show and whilst I liked the layout (very similar to our Accent) IMV they'd put too much emphasis on the bling/twiddly bits to the detriment of build quality - inside of it some of the trim was badly done, 'wobbly' straight edges, loads of sealant and some bits already dropping off! Hopefully this was just a problem with that particular van but as it was their 'show' vehicle it wasn't a good thing to use!

pepe63 - 2013-05-01 9:51 AM

It does look a bit like a horsebox though,doesn't it...

Their 'Equi-Trek' might point to a bit of company heritage.

Seems like a logical business strategy to try to appeal to the horsey, race-truck and motorhome markets. There's little difference in the basic structures after all.

Good on them for trying something a bit different, it would be a pity if build quality did let them down.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

Thank you for your comments regarding our vehicles. The vehicles that have been at the shows were prototypes and were there purely as an example of what can be achieved. We know that there were a few minor 'niggles' which have been rectified. The response to our product over the past few months has been immense and we have even had a road test done which has just featured in the October Which Motorhome (including front cover exposure, out now).

We are more than happy for you to contact us with any questions you might have. We are a newcomer to the motorhome market but we certainly know how to build high quality vehicles and with a very competitive price point. The main feature of our company is the bespoke aspect as we, unlike most manufacturers, will allow you to change features and customise the vehicle to suit your own tastes including a choice of wood and upholstery finishes.

We will be at the NEC stand 11-40 for any one who would like to come and talk to us, I'm sure you will be impressed with the full production models we have on show there.

Regards

Christian

Moto-Trek

Archived