How long should a 'van last?

Stargeezer

Yes it is/was Autocruise but the problem is with the boxer not the conversion. I have seen that forum and it includes contributions from a former Peugeot tech guy who asked them to produce the necessary mods whose son is their parts director or something. Peugeot did produce a modiifed scuttle drain pipe/system called soemthing like the L6. So they are/wer aware that is was real problem.

My'van is in the garage, I have recon or more likely just secondhand and powerwashed (apparently), now waiting for the two to become one...

• 2 weeks later...

My van will be 17 years old next April, 93,000mls on the clock. See: www.ourwanderer. org

Just got back, after a month in France with no problems.

Must confess we blew a head gasket in France last year. I put this down to my 'White Man' driving habits from my pre retirement job. This year driving slow we ended up at the end of the day with half a tank of diesel instead of empty.

Changed the cross member in Mar. Welded jacking point that's the only Rust! :-D

Guest pelmetman
BrianBW - 2013-06-13 10:34 PM

Changed the cross member in Mar. Welded jacking point that's the only Rust! :-D

and a lot cheaper than changing the van I suspect ;-)

Guest pelmetman
duetto owner - 2013-06-14 1:48 PM

I see many 20 year plus motorhomes around, i often wonder what they do for spares when needed

Ours is 23 years old, not had any problems with getting spares, although some times they come from a scrap yard ;-)................but I'm not fussy and they're cheap B-)..........although so far only needed a new fuel/temp gauge and a steel wheel :D..............about to up grade to power steering 8-)............we is well posh :->

How long should a Camping-car last was the question, I can only say that Mine is now having its 20th birthday, and when on the road we regularly see and wave to considerably older examples ie 1988 so that's 25 years!

All comes down to you, the way you care for the van and the choice you made to make sure you put a good build quality ahead of bells and whistles.

Archived