Tom Tom wont turn off

Bojitoes

Hi all

looking for some help / advice. We have a Tom Tom GO 940, about 4 years old. It has been working fine until this morning when I plugged it into the PC to update the services. I got an error message advising the programme could not be completed so having finished I disconnected the unit. Since then however I have been unable to either turn the Tom Tom off or get it to change to another screen- the screen I am looking at just shows a picture of the tom tom with Go 940 in top right hand corner and an olive colour background.

Any thoughts anyone as I wanted to use it in Ireland next week

Ta

Bob

Tom Tom have online help and an email to them would be my first option.

Have you tried the reset button - assuming it has one?

Is your computer's version of TomTom home up to date and could you try updating it on a different computer?

Thanks all for your help and advice. After countless visits to TOMTom home website and letting the battery go flat it looks like it is up and running again but with slightly different options- i.e. I have lost the voice I used to have and have had to select an Irish accent- should be OK in Ireland!

Thanks

Bob

Guest JudgeMental
Bojitoes - 2013-05-04 5:41 PM

Thanks all for your help and advice. After countless visits to TOMTom home website and letting the battery go flat it looks like it is up and running again but with slightly different options- i.e. I have lost the voice I used to have and have had to select an Irish accent- should be OK in Ireland!

Thanks

Bob

But they all do that? change voices, options etc...they are not that clever and need managing. my first thought was to just wait till battery ran out

Archived