EHIC plus

chris

EHIC plus

Has anyone any comment about this travel insurance?

It will cover us for over 90 days, over 70 and with medical conditions. There are not many companies that will do this.

Chris

Hi Chris

We are with Uk InsuranceLtd, which is provided by Nationwide, to customers.

Like you both over 70 (nearer to 80!) medical conditions, and we have cover for 90 days, but I think you can extend for longer, but 90 days has to be our maximum, due to medical condition

I know not quite what you asked, but thought it might help (cost £124.00)

PJay

Guest JudgeMental

http://www.ehicplus.com/marketing/contact

Looks interesting, as really looks like a top up/ repatriation insurance for within the EU. You will have to use state hospitals and be careful not to be taken to a private one in an emergency (like a lot of unsuspecting tourists) It's from Mafree the major Spanish insurer that are the company behind many insurers such as staysure.

I will be calling for a quote tuesday! :-D :-)

Guest 1footinthegrave

Very interesting I'll take a look, I have the early stages of COPD, and aged 67, and the quote from Staysure for 50 days in France was £424, I must be about to snuff it. :-S

Just done an online quote from them £145, I'm guessing that it really is an insurance to ship you as a stiff back to the UK, as Eddie said it just seems like an extension to the EHIC scheme.

Guest JudgeMental
1footinthegrave - 2013-05-05 9:40 AM

Very interesting I'll take a look, I have the early stages of COPD, and aged 67, and the quote from Staysure for 50 days in France was £424, I must be about to snuff it. :-S

Just done an online quote from them £145, I'm guessing that it really is an insurance to ship you as a stiff back to the UK, as Eddie said it just seems like an extension to the EHIC scheme.

staysure charge me about the same (different problems) for the year, so going by your quote looking good!. will just have to take out an additional per trip policy for the long haul trips...

wonder if it covers Croatia, they are not in EU but have a reciprocal agreement so may be OK. Its really sounds like a version of the repatriation insurance that many long termer's in Spain that I spoke to last winter have

chris - 2013-05-05 12:19 AM

EHIC plus

Has anyone any comment about this travel insurance?

It will cover us for over 90 days, over 70 and with medical conditions. There are not many companies that will do this.

Chris

Have used it but never claimed so no idea how good it is, this is the case with most insurance, you will never know until you use it.

I would try

http://www.insureandgo.com/?_$ja=kw:insure+and+go|cgn:Insure+and+Go|cgid:1719367457|tsid:25156|cn:Insure+%26+Go+Brand_DT|cid:30977477|lid:87904961|mt:Exact|nw:search|crid:7685129417&gclid=CNealtf1hLcCFSXItAodHFQAgw

No upper age limit and very reasonable IMO, we have several medical conditions noted and annual multi trip is still very competetive, under £100 for both of us.

Basil

Basil - 2013-05-07 10:20 PM

I would try

http://www.insureandgo.com/?_$ja=kw:insure+and+go|cgn:Insure+and+Go|cgid:1719367457|tsid:25156|cn:Insure+%26+Go+Brand_DT|cid:30977477|lid:87904961|mt:Exact|nw:search|crid:7685129417&gclid=CNealtf1hLcCFSXItAodHFQAgw

No upper age limit and very reasonable IMO, we have several medical conditions noted and annual multi trip is still very competetive, under £100 for both of us.

Basil

Are you sure about age limit? I'm with them and after the age of 65 you are limited to a measly 30 days per trip. I shall be leaving them next year..

Mike88 - 2013-05-08 11:28 AM

Are you sure about age limit? I'm with them and after the age of 65 you are limited to a measly 30 days per trip. I shall be leaving them next year..

They state on their home page 'no upper age limit' but with the exception of two inacuricies you make, when you look at the frequently asked questions they do stipulate over the age of 66 you are limited to 31 days, though with the annual policy that can be as many times as you desire.

Basil

I have just had a look at the EHIC Plus website and the maximum quote was for 60 days priced at £97 for one person. I think they only cover to age 79 (I'm not that old yet) but 60 days is no good to me so I didn't even bother to go further to put in medical problems.

Basil - 2013-05-08 11:30 PM

Mike88 - 2013-05-08 11:28 AM

They state on their home page 'no upper age limit' but with the exception of two inacuricies you make, when you look at the frequently asked questions they do stipulate over the age of 66 you are limited to 31 days, though with the annual policy that can be as many times as you desire.

Basil

For many of us a 31 day trip is not much more than a weekend break. That is why I shall be leaving them.;

Archived