Sealed first aid kit needed for europe?

Manxmaid

I have heard that not only should one carry a first aid kit in Europe but that it should be sealed. ( What happens if you need a plaster, do you have to buy a second sealed F A kit?). Does anyone know whether this is a new regulation? *-)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE]Manxmaid - 2006-08-01 1:27 PM I have heard that not only should one carry a first aid kit in Europe but that it should be sealed. ( What happens if you need a plaster, do you have to buy a second sealed F A kit?). Does anyone know whether this is a new regulation? *-)[/QUOTE] It's compulsory in many countries and it's common sense anyway to carry one. Where did you hear it should be sealed (?) It sounds like another urban myth. Don

A fellow motorhomer apparently read it somewhere. We always carry a first aid kit in each of our vehicles, but not sealed. As a result of Michele's vociferous response (it could be termed a put-down) I will think twice about asking further questions. Thank you for your time.

manxmaid . I am so sorry if I have offended you not intended at all. I was just trying to say someone like our family cannot keep it sealed long enough because of the need's of the children . So there for what can they do about this ? Nothing I suspect, we also carry Oxygen and some really serious drug's needed for the Little one So once again what can they do . I sometimes have to break into packet's on journeys to get out such things as rectal Diazepam ... I certainly was not trying to offend you..... If I get arrested then so be it I have never heard of this before. A sealed kit. If you could see my face you would see it is not a put down . (lol)

Probably , was johnson & johnson Are people getting touchy on here or is it my imagination. shame we cannot see other peoples face's then they would know when having ago or laughing ha ha ha (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) 8o| 8o| 8o| *-) *-) :-| :-| 8-) :'( :-D :-S B-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Not me Michele,I`m quite happy,just like you.I see you like faces toooooo :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> :-> B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) B-) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D Phew.That took some doing (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!) (!)

Guest starspirit
Hi Manxmaid, Michele was not putting you down - she was just expressing amazement at the practicality of the whole idea of sealed first aid kits. It is easy to read things into a message which the sender never intended so don't be too harsh as we all mean well really. Honest - we do! Richard

Guest starspirit
Dont forget other compulsory essentials for the continent. TWO red triangles (Spain) Spare specs for each driver - (but only if you wear specs!) (Spain & Austria) Reflective jackets for EVERY member of the party, to be carried in the vehicle not in the boot and put on before getting out on to the road. GB plate unless your number plate has the blue EU GB end bit. Full set of bulbs for all exterior lights. Headlight deflectors Driving licence - paper as well as card Vehicle V5 log book MOT if needed Certificate of Insurance No doubt someone will remind me of the bits wot I forgot?

Hi Guys, Just imagine the number of first aid kits you would have to have if it has to be sealed evyrtime you wanted a plaster you would have to ditch the opened kit. Michele my thoughts are with you, travelling with two disabled youngsters, especially as you have to have such things as rectal stesolid. My wife and I work with people with learning disabilities. We can get away from them when we leave work, unfortuneatly you cant. Keep smiling and enjoy life. David.

David, that is really sweet of you to think about us. Yes they have been away for the past two days & as you can probably tell when they are here I am running on auto pilot...Funny how everytime I get a break I feel ill.....have been in bed all day . Have to collect them tomorrow so I should imagine that I will be back to auto pilot like it or not... Yes Rectal , paraldyhyde oxygen keppra gatro feed tube's the full caboom. Not really a holiday but when I see them little faces light up I realise I wouldn't swop it for the world.....Except at 4 in the morning when she want's to play ...Have to devise a way of keeping her/ both in the over cab safely so we can sleep whilst they play.... but still looking forward to it none the less . Off to the vendee France 11th til 29 ...sealed or not ha ha thank you again kind thoughts ;-)

Guest starspirit
Michele, Have a really good holiday and I hope the sun shines for you. It is supposed to shine on the righteous you know so if it does not - well - welcome to the unrighteous club! Out thoughts are with you - people like wot you are (whatever that is?) deserve a break now and then! Plenty of cheap pills in France I am told? Full report expected in due course. Richard.

Richard one week to go Thanks for the kind words' see childrens insurance nearly used your words or similar smacks to me of controlology........Take the money and run ology FOSTER CARER FOR DISABLED CHILDREN / DEAF SIGN LANGUAGE GOOD AT THAT THE SIGN THAT IS

Hi Michele, thank you for your response and emailed 'Applogies'. Thank you also for the other constructive responses. Perhaps the nature of the question lead you to believe we were newbies, but it was not my question, I was just trying to help a fellow motorhomer. We are reasonably experienced motorhomers and have travelled the length and breadth of europe at least once a year for the last 11 years. We keep ourselves up to date with the regulations and carry all the items needed to comply. We also carry reflective jackets in our private cars even though to our knowledge they are not mandatory. Thank you again for your comments.

• 4 weeks later...
[QUOTE]V6Jim - 2006-09-04 12:06 AM Just dug this thread up from page 5. Just some of the most entertaining spelling I've seen in a long time! Lovely. Jimmy[/QUOTE] Nice to see someone had the same high education like wot I did Jimmy. Maybe the original question refers to individual packaging and not the kit as an whole. If a pack of half a dozen plasters were to be opened and only one used, in the interest of hygene it makes sense not to use the rest. Keep them coming Manxmaid. Howard.

Archived