Cleaning Nova Amber Upholstery on Burstner

eddieandsue

Hi we have just purchased a second hand Burstner Nexxo T720 and the arms and headboard pads are stained. The instructions say clean with clear water!! but don't think that would touch the stains.

Anybody used any upholstery cleaner on this fabric? It is like a suedette fabric.

All suggestions gratefully received. :->

Guest pelmetman

Most suede fabrics are tough as old boots ;-)...............although I would test any upholstery cleaner on a section that's hidden first :D

Edit to add, I refer to suede fabric and NOT LEATHER which is a pain in der bum *-)

We have this kind of fabric in our motorhome and when we bought it there was black grease on the edge of our sofa that looked like a bike chain. I worked on it with some handwipes, the kind you take with you in the car. I used it and let it dry and then a few days later I worked on it again. After 3 or 4 tries I am pleased to report that the grease has now gone. I used a circular motion when cleaning.

I don't know what is in these wipes but its brilliant. I have a brown stain on the fabric of the cab door and I am now working on that. One go and its almost gone.

If you have any wipes, try those before you look for shampoo as they don't seem to mark the rest of the fabric.

I love these wipes, so many uses.

Archived