Burstner Delivery

tattiebear

we have a burstner motorhome on order since last october and was expecting delivery at the end of march. the dealer says the delay is because of snow and transport problems at zeebrugge. anyone else had this problem. frustrated and still waiting.

Sorry to hear it. But we seem to hear it far too often.

I've always bought used.

Then you can see the ACTUAL VAN you're buying.

You can test drive it. Properly.

You can try out/check all the systems to your hearts content.

All the new-van-niggles have (hopefully!) already been attended to by first owner trudging back and forth to/from the Dealer several times in the first months of ownership.

There's probably several extra first-owner toys added.

You can collect it just as soon as the money's paid

Oh, and it costs massively less into the bargain.

tattiebear - 2013-05-08 5:58 PM

we have a burstner motorhome on order since last october and was expecting delivery at the end of march. the dealer says the delay is because of snow and transport problems at zeebrugge. anyone else had this problem. frustrated and still waiting.

Have you tried Burstner UK to see if they can shed any more light on the problem? It is possible there was a knock back due to the snow that is still causing delayed deliveries, but one might think that should have been resolved by now. In any event, the dealer should be able to give you a revised delivery date and not just cite bad weather delays. Burstner are generally well organised, and the factory is not that far distant, so whereas some delay might be expected, revised schedules should be in place.

We too ordered our Burstner in October. After pushing the dealer (Timberland) due to the end of our lease, (we will be full-timing), it finally arrived 10 days ago. Delivery will not be completed until next week following the addition of some dealer-fit accessories.

We were told that the delay was due to bad winter weather in Germany - so a similar sort of story! I think it may also be the case that they build a batch of similar vehicles together and wait until there is a sufficient volume of orders to justify this.

Having examined the vehicle pre PDI it looks to be well screwed together.

Thanks all.

Our dealer is also Timberlands.

We ordered it at the NEC on the Friday. At the time Kevin said they had 25 orders so I expect there are at least 23 other frustrated customers. We have just received an email to say it's on the funding line and expected to be shiped next weekend. So we are looking at another 3 weeks.

Guest machra
We also ordered ours from Timberland at the NEC in Oct. Got ours Apr 6th. I was told March Apr delivery so cant complain to be honest. Can i ask you to PM me.

When we bought ours in 2007 - from Chelston - we had seen what we wanted at various shows, but ordered through them at their showrooms, in approx Jan, I think just after the Shepton Show.

We were given initially a March / April delivery date, but that slipped to July.

We were kept informed however,and there were no problems....in fact excellent communication. at all times., and also a couple of the items we ordered as dealer options, then went onto teh options lst at Burstner at a cheaper cost.

Ironically, we had extra time to get a private sale on the Rapido,and that went so quickly, that we were without any motorhome for almost 3 months...how we missed it!!

cnnaot fault the dealer or the manufacturer though, nor in after sales service.

Archived