Garage doors

nimpy1

I have an autotrail chieftain which is two years old and have had a problem with the door being stiff and becoming almost impossible to open and close. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with such a new van.

Hi

I had this problem last year when I had the service done, the mechanic used a Thetford Motorhome spray which if you put those words into E bay search you will find it.. At around £8.00. Has an orange top, and 200 mil spray

The problem with WD 40 so they told me is that it does not lubricate, anyway it worked brilliantly ..

Hope this helps

To caddies 104. Just been to GO Outdoors and bought the thetford seal spray, been done the van and its worked a treat. The one set might need replacing but even that door closed with ease. Put some on other side and its freed them up really well. Thanks for the info.

nimpy1 - 2013-05-10 6:32 PM

To caddies 104. Just been to GO Outdoors and bought the thetford seal spray, been done the van and its worked a treat. The one set might need replacing but even that door closed with ease. Put some on other side and its freed them up really well. Thanks for the info.

Hi

Thanks for that, glad it worked, how much was it at Go outdoors, as others beside myself may be interested. Worked on ours really quickly, and now keep the tin in the Van

Derek

Archived