If I were a motorhome manufacturer I would fit....

Charabanc

Guest 1footinthegrave
A spirit level on the cab door or any other area easily visible from the drivers seat, exactly what I have done ;-) perhaps I could sell the idea :-D

1foot, perhaps if Ihad a spirit level I wouldn't need sinks that aren't flat across the base.... But somehow I just know that all the mountainous places we go to we will never find anywhere flat if we drive around all day.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Charabanc - 2013-05-10 8:54 PM

1foot, perhaps if Ihad a spirit level I wouldn't need sinks that aren't flat across the base.... But somehow I just know that all the mountainous places we go to we will never find anywhere flat if we drive around all day.

Well I know my solution isn't foolproof, but combined with ramps it makes life easier. ;-)

A small solar panel and split charge regulator so that flat batteries when not in use are a thing of the past.

With the option for the buyer to specify a larger panel if required for non EHU use.

Extra TV points so that TV can be watched from more than one position.

How hard can it be?

Guest 1footinthegrave
Tony Jones - 2013-05-10 10:18 PM

Shower tray with two drain holes at opposite corners.

Sods law you'd have a ruddy great puddle still in one of the others. :D or would that be impossible mmmmm ;-)

I dare say,"as a manufacturer",I'd probably fit any cheap and easy to install, superfluous "gadgets and tat" that would impress the casual punter and give me a good profit margin.(...a bit like they do now really..) ;-)

As a customer, I want less of the above and MORE robust resilient components and far higher build quality... ;-)

globebuster - 2013-05-11 9:03 AM

My shower tray has two drain holes! :->

What I need is four - one in each corner!

Nope just one in the centre of the shower tray which has a slight slope down to it from all sides .... it wouldn't be a problem at all then! *-)

Mel B - 2013-05-11 10:28 PM

Nope just one in the centre of the shower tray which has a slight slope down to it from all sides .... it wouldn't be a problem at all then! *-)

Wouldn't that mean having the shower tray raised up to allow for sufficient slope when the vehicle is parked on an incline.

I'm in favour of the 2 hole solution.

Guest 1footinthegrave
What's this preoccupation with showering, Henry the 8th took one once a year. :D

Guest JudgeMental
1footinthegrave - 2013-05-13 9:53 AM

What's this preoccupation with showering, Henry the 8th took one once a year. :D

I rescind offer of stopover at my place :-S

Mel B - 2013-05-11 10:28 PM

Shower tray would then be un level and potentially a slip hazard :-D

I'd like the option of not having an 'emergency' jig-saw bed for the dwarf I'm never going to carry as a passenger.

It's probable that most motorcaravanning couples are of an age when they won't have a child of their own as a passenger and may well not have a grandchild as a passenger either.

An emergency bed invariably compromises the seating layout and modifications will be challenging. I'd like my Hobby to be a 2-person motorhome, not a motorhome with a 2+1 sleeping capability. If I bought a motorbike with a dual-seat I wouldn't expect a peculiar contraption on the back to carry a notional 3rd person, and I don't want an IKEA-style DIY single bed in my motorhome.

I don't mind motorhome manufacturers fitting such beds, I just want to be able to say "I don't want one - give me a more comfortable lounge instead."

Derek, my thoughts exactly. I was thinking about panel van conversion design and, for a couple, the starting point of fitting that huge twin rear facing seat compromises lounging space and comfort. A side deter, with decent storage under, would allow for a deeper, better kitchen area opposite rather than the cramped affairs fitted to accommodate the travel seats.

This would then allow for a spcious lounge/ kitchen and employing the 'Globecar' style expanding wash/shower room and transverse highish bed with storage under, would give a really roomy environment on the 6.36m platform.

This hybrid of Brit lounge and Germanic rear end would be something that I could downsize to.

As the market stands, i can't avoid those pesky unnecessary travel seats.

Archived