MOT here's an odd one, an advisory.

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave
chas - 2013-05-12 6:57 AM

As most know now, there have been a raft of extra things added to the MOT list of things to check, came into force in April. (?)

Yes, I believe another EU directive, ;-) oh no :-S

Hi 1foot,

On a different note, have you not seen the advert on TV re the chipped windscreen that suddenly breaks going over a road bump or something. I am afraid I would not leave this sort of thing for 3yrs--whether or not it was inside MOT tolerence.

cheers

derek

Guest 1footinthegrave
derek pringle - 2013-05-12 9:55 AM

Hi 1foot,

On a different note, have you not seen the advert on TV re the chipped windscreen that suddenly breaks going over a road bump or something. I am afraid I would not leave this sort of thing for 3yrs--whether or not it was inside MOT tolerence.

cheers

derek

You missed it Derek, the chip was repaired by Autoglass three years ago, the "chip" however remained quite visible much to my dismay, however they assured me it would not progress, so far that has been proven to be the case. ;-)

I've had a chip in the windscreen for years, always use the same MOT station, sometimes it gets an advisory and sometimes not. Obviously depends which side of the bed the tester got out of that morning.

The poster above with an advisory after a service that his seat belts were damaged is now driving an illegal vehicle! I guess technically his insurance is invalid etc. etc. Sorry but litigation was mentioned and the garage were just covering their behinds.

If it's illegal and you don't know then maybe you can wriggle out of a fine but once you know you are definitely liable.

Guest JudgeMental
Thanks for your concern Rob but I have checked with an MOT tester and they do not need replacing unless cut or edges frayed....He said an advisory is just what it says, and to be more careful and keep an eye on them but not a failure...

1footinthegrave - 2013-05-12 10:50 AM

derek pringle - 2013-05-12 9:55 AM

Hi 1foot,

cheers

derek

You missed it Derek, the chip was repaired by Autoglass three years ago, the "chip" however remained quite visible much to my dismay, however they assured me it would not progress, so far that has been proven to be the case. ;-)

Hi 1foot,

My sincere apologies to you sir.

cheers

derek

On one MOT, I had a very curt note saying that the cab mirror was "inoperable" due to the Dymo printed tape I had put on it to remind me of height, width etc.

I would not have minded if was not for the fact that, the m/home has rear fixed bed , no rear window, and the positioning of the rear passenger seats, I can see no further back than a couple of metres in an eight metre long m/home.

Rgds

Archived