Fiat front blinds[cab].

WA Michael

Does anybody know if the fan style windscreen blinds by Remi are still available? We are coming to UK soon and the local {Australian}dealers are both unaware and believers in mushroom diet for their customers. The kind we are looking at are the japanese fan type where you simply swoosh them down for privacy.It seems that the side blinds are still available but only roller blinds for the screen. I'm asking on this site because I got a great lead for shocks, gas type, from here. As we want privacy if anybody has experience of them please let us know. We will be going to Germany whilst in Europe so that may be useful, travelling by train though.

This section of Remimobil's website covers cab-blinds and there's no indication that the windscreen 'concertina' blinds are no longer available:

http://www.remimobil.de/en/produkte/fahrerhausverdunklung.html

As Alan advises, a GOOGLE-search will show REMIfront blinds still being marketed in the UK. For example:

http://www.leisureshopdirect.com/caravan/caravan_accessories/remis_blinds/remifront_motorhome_blinds.aspx

(It's possible that concertina windscreen blinds aren't available for older (pre-2006) Fiat models, but I think you are interested in the current (post-2006) X250 Ducato range. Concertina windscreen blinds meet centrally and the Remimobil and leisureshopdirect websites both clearly show blinds with a vertical central join for post-2006 Ducatos.)

(It's possible that concertina windscreen blinds aren't available for older (pre-2006) Fiat models, but I think you are interested in the current (post-2006) X250 Ducato range. Concertina windscreen blinds meet centrally and the Remimobil and leisureshopdirect websites both clearly show blinds with a vertical central join for post-2006 Ducatos.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes you should still be able to get them , we fitted them to our 2003 Swift Kontiki that was a Fiat.--

This webpage provides information on cab blinds

http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/remi_blinds.htm

It will be seen that there are several designs, from Dometic/Seitz as well as Remis.

A Seitz windscreen roller-blind is available for Ducatos, as is a Seitz pull-up pleated windsreen blind.

The Remis windscreen pleated blind for pre-2006 Ducatos was originally one-piece (similar to the Seitz product) but changed to 2-piece in 2006.

As I said earlier (based on his previous postings) I think WA Michael is interested in blinds for post-2006 X250 Ducatos. If that's correct, there should be no particular problem sourcing a full set of suitable blinds in the UK.

• 3 months later...

Archived