Pentewan sands campsite

Pampam

Has anybody been to pentewan sands campsite,I fancy staying on a site near the sea in October for a bit of r&r ,I suppose the sea will be a bit chilly at that time of year (I might be knocking on but I like a splash about) can only get 5 days off and I live in yorkshire so wondered if it was worth going "dahn sarff " or sticking to whitby ,or does anybody know of a "site" next to the sea ? Ta

I have stayed on the site with my family two or three years ago. We chose pitches right next to the beach. They were VERY expensive, but then everywhere is during the school holidays (end of August). I did not like the site very much, but again, it was very busy. If I remember correctly phone signals were difficult as was internet (I can use O2 and 3). Despite the constant wind, the children enjoyed it, were in the sea all the time, and have been since. I declined! Actually, I was in France, but would not have gone as it meant putting my dog in kennels again. The kennels were excellent but it all adds to the expense.

I have not stayed there for a very long time but remember many happy family holidays there when I was young. There was lots for kids to do then so should be now and the facilities have improved much over the years. It's a perfect spot for exploring and is just down the road from the Eden Project if that's your thing. Lovely part of the world. Mevagissey is next along the coast and is nice plus Fowey is not far away, and my favourite; Polperro.

hi there

we camped there last year in july for a week,and have also hired a static a couple of years ago,

it used to be an excellent site but now unfortunately they have rebuilt the club house and got rid of the outside pool

prices have risen if my memory serves me correctly a week in a tent was £300+

with the new facilities a lot of the charm has gone although i dont think you can get better beach camping in corwall

so a mixed review of it really its all down to what your looking for,

i would say a mixed bunch of people there caravaners where really friendly and took my awning down for me in high winds whilst i was out (as it was about to fly away)

but we had another group turn up with the latest and best caravan and boat who coralled off the the pitch and took over the water supply (to clean his boat and caravan)who left a bit of a sour taste

hope this helps in some way

andrew

Thank you all for your replies , I think I'll try and get booked in being alone on a site would suit me down to the ground in the words of greta Garbo I vant to be alone (with ehu and hot showers) of course : sounds greeeat.

Hi

We stayed there 2 or 3 years ago on our first trip to Cornwall in the motorhome. There are a number of very narrow roads around the site but it is a great location for visiting places such as Eden project, Mevagissey, Fowey etc. The pitches and facilities were good and we did not think too expensive BUT the bar and restaurant were desperately expensive and the prices would break any self respecting yorkshireman's heart! So stay there and go off site for food & drink, you will enjoy

Bob

Archived