constant failure to download camperstop for Tomtom go 720! Help

Starchaser911

I'm about to set off to Croatia on Thursday, for an epic tour with my hobby 750.

I heard these camperstop datasets were just the ticket so I've bought about five to aid with

my travels. Problem is its doing my head in now as I see the OV.2 files but I had fight to unzip them and

to be honest I'm not even convinced that's even right. I really need a techno wizard to help a panicked motorhomer who is now not seeing the wood from the trees! If you could be as kind to help in anyway, I'm running XP but to be honest and I've contacted camperstop who only had an answer machine and I emailed too but no joy.

Its meant to be amazing but I need instruction for dummies! :$

thanks folks

xx

Guest JudgeMental

If you have unzipped files you should be able to open and look at list of stops in file.....can you do that?

There are loads of free unzip resources on web, just google the term

garmin man I'm afraid so can't help with loading to sat nav , enjoy Croatia we have bee the last 2 years.

Have a look at this old thread

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-48417-tom-tom-720-pois-how-do-i-do-it.html

And this

http://www.tomtomfree.com/Install_POI.htm

If you can see the .OV2 files and .BMP file you should just be able to copy and paste them manually from your PC/Laptop to the Tom Tom whilst it is plugged in to the USB. Paste them in to the appropriate map probably Western Europe but I am not sure Croatia is covered by the Western Europe map. So you may have to check that.

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13814

I received the codes from Camperstop by email and downloaded them to my computer then saved them. I did not unzip them!!!

Go to Tom tom website into "my tom tom or tom tom home" depending which satnav you have.

I assume you have registered .

I go to the" MY TOM TOM" icon at bottom right bar where my hidden icons are on the bar at bottom of screen. and then click on Community Content. Go to "add POI" then click Browse and select from where you saved the camperstop files. Select both the OV2 and the bitmap files. (hold down ctrl button and select both") then click Install. Hopefully they will come in then.

I phoned their help line to sort mine out but I also had a lot of help from "Way2go"

I have to say that I have had trouble logging in for last 2 days with tom tom but seems ok tonight at last.

I am no expert so hope this helps.

Chris

Guest JudgeMental
any luck?? surprised with the lack of input on this thread as lots of TT users on here....have a good holiday!

Realise you are off tomorrow and it was your first post. Took me a long time to work out how to download 3rd party POIs. Hope you manage to do it. We too are off to Croatia within next two weeks. Hope you enjoy

Chris

Archived