Is the campaign backed by MMM for more M/home provision a waste of tiime

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave
I thought following my thread on Dover parking ( or rather the lack of ) and the resulting comments, is the campaign backed by MMM to increase provision of larger parking bays, night stopovers, and the removal of height barriers a waste of their time and effort ;-)

Guest 1footinthegrave
I've been described as a gad fly, as I have constantly harangued our local community council on this matter, as have other M/home users in our community. But they have now agreed to provide ( by prior arrangement) an overnight halt, and not to erect height barriers on a car park scheduled to have them, hurrah for our visitors. ;-) No surprise then that I for one applaud MMMs efforts.

I wholeheartedly support any sort of action that would improve parking provision in the UK.

I am also well aware that attitudes are unlikely to change quickly if at all.

Our local government is anti everything and except for a notable few, will resist any changes to the parking arrangements.

When I queried the barriers with my local council I was told that they are to stop itinerants, HGVs AND MOTORHOMES from "camping" overnight. Not much chance there then.

I might have ten years more motorhoming in me, I have already decided that I will continue to go abroad. The UK doesn't want my money so I will spend it abroad.

H

How did Lytham and Tiverton do it? We could write to our individual Councillors after all we are their constituents and voters. Although is has to be said some Councillors are a bit thick and are easy to pull the wool over their eyes by arrogant bullying council officers who have their own agenda.

I don't think it is a waste of time just hard to make any headway.

Every time I find a height barrier or car park that excludes motorhomes I write to the council involved explaining the advantages of changing. I always make sure I get a response and will reply to any comments made. If they quote travellers etc. I request under the freedom of Information act for details of specific incidents.

Ok most of the time I do not get anywhere but it needs everyone to write as the more comments they get the more likely we are to get change.

Lytham is a prime example myself and a number of others have been writing over they last few years about the problem. I even got an item in the local paper and to talk to some of the local chamber of commerce. That may not of been the reason they changed policy but hey whatever works.

I do however hit a complete block when the reply relates to motorhomes abusing the situation as they tend to then tar everyone with the same brush.

So my opinion is yes its worth it but only if everyone contacts the local council involved.

First I have heard about this campaign,so really powerful.Surely the only way is for both the magazines to get behind this.If they get figures from ferry companies and tunnel of how many van cross the water during a year ,that might make someone start to think.

Just had an overnighter in a Car Park in the Scottish Borders with motorhome only area (the signage said campervan though). Spent around £100 in the local shops and was even personally welcomed by a member of the Tourist Information Office.

It was a real pleasure to stay there and we will return again (to spend more money). It's hardly rocket science is it?

I believe that most Councils have been taken over by these alien Lizards that David Icke goes on about. When you look around you, he may have been right all along. 8-) 8-)

Archived