belgium / luxembourg/ germany

trickydicky

hi, we are going to the mosel in germany for a few weeks and want to make a couple of stops on the way one in belgium and the other in luxembourg.i have seen a couple of places which look nice, ie: hans -sur-lesse in belgium and camping bissen in esch-sur-sure, luxembourg. can anyone recommend these and does anyone have the GPS co-ordinates for them, and also for any of the stellplatz along the mosel in germany.thank you

Guest JudgeMental
We have overnighted on Aire at hans sur lesse on way to Italy 5 times in last 7 years. it was 12 € last year (hook up/toilet block/ all dumping facilities included) but its the wonderful little town a few minutes walk away that make it worthwhile..some of the best moules frites we have had anywhere, in second restaurant on left with green shade, as you turn left into the main street..and the beer is wonderful!

JudgeMental - 2013-05-14 4:34 PM

We have overnighted on Aire at hans sur lesse on way to Italy 5 times in last 7 years. it was 12 € last year (hook up/toilet block/ all dumping facilities included) but its the wonderful little town a few minutes walk away that make it worthwhile..some of the best moules frites we have had anywhere, in second restaurant on left with green shade, as you turn left into the main street..and the beer is wonderful!

100% agree with Eddie & the caves are well worth a visit. google them.

bolero boy - 2013-05-14 9:13 PM

Stayed at Hans Sur lesse a few days ago, now only €7.50 at the newish aire. Cycled into Rochefort from there.

Today Cycled on 3 great German rivers all in one day, Lahn, Rhine and Moselle.

Cycled ON 3 rivers..........you the new Messiah?

Hi

We stayed at a site in Ieper ( Ypres) in Belgium so we could go and see the Menin Gate and museum it was pretty good facilities wise and I thought it was an ACSI site but cant see it in this year's book. Bastogne is an intersting town, site of the Battle of the Bulge, there are campsites and aires nearby.

Esch sur sure is a nice site, a short walk from a nice village, we have stayed there a couple of times, it is an ACSI site open all year. Another excellent site is at Ingledorf / Diekirch, 5 minutes walk from a shopping centre, on a bus route and with very friendly owners; restaurant & bar, frequented by the locals offers good value.

There is also a good campsite at Alzingen just outside Luxembourg city which is in the ACSI book and has been reviewed on MMM in the last couple of years.

Diesel in Luxembourg only just over £1.00 per litre and border is 440 miles from Birmingham if this helps!

Bob

Bojitoes - 2013-05-14 11:55 PM

Esch sur sure is a nice site, a short walk from a nice village, we have stayed there a couple of times, it is an ACSI site open all year.

I agree, though I suspect you are referring to Camping im Aal at Esch sur Sure, and not the site in the OP which is somewhat further out. (I prefer to pitch the other side of the dam, where it is rather more spacious and relaxed unless it is very busy).

Just had a week along the Moselle, excellent. Would recommend Bruge for a stop on the way, partly for the Stellplatz, which is located on the banks of the Ghent canal in the centre of the city, but mainly because Bruge is stunning.

Found the Bord Atlas invaluable for Stellplatz along the Moselle

Enjoy your trip

Robinhood - 2013-05-15 8:00 AM

Bojitoes - 2013-05-14 11:55 PM

Esch sur sure is a nice site, a short walk from a nice village, we have stayed there a couple of times, it is an ACSI site open all year.

I agree, though I suspect you are referring to Camping im Aal at Esch sur Sure, and not the site in the OP which is somewhat further out. (I prefer to pitch the other side of the dam, where it is rather more spacious and relaxed unless it is very busy).

He has a Pedelo..........a fast one ;-)

• 1 month later...

Archived