mud flaps

silverback

okay guys and girls

looking to fit front mud flaps to a fiat x250 for obvious reasons, i need personel recomendations and photos if poss and where to buy

feel free to go off tangent and slag each other off, cos i LOL

but serious suggestions would be appreciated

jonathan B-)

ps owt under £50 is good (i'm from Yorkshire! )

Original-equipment Fiat front mudflaps for X250 Ducatos are offered on-line for around £60.

These "Vecam" products are cheaper (£37.95) and the 6 buyer reviews (5 of which relate to motorhomes) are positive.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ducato-Peugeot-Boxer-Citroen-Jumper/dp/B0069RH5U6

(and cheaper still (£32.90) if bought direct through the Vanplus Leisure website)

http://www.vanplusdirect.co.uk/epages/es133288.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es133288/Products/%22Ducato%20Mudflaps%20FRONT%22

Alternatives are

http://www.agentfiamma.co.uk/Fiamma-Mud-Flap-Front-Ducato.html

http://www.johnscross.co.uk/products/fiat-ducato-front-mud-flaps-x250.html

This 2009 MHF thread may be useful

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-58984-days0-orderasc-0.html

Guest JudgeMental
Thanks Derek, ordered the vanplus ones, easy no registration required purchase using paypal. have been meaning to get some for years....

Our present van, auto trail Delaware has standard fit front and rear flaps. The sides of the van always gets splattered on wet roads. Our previous Bessacagr had no flaps and the sides remained cleaner on wet roads. Don't know why. I am now thinking of fitting the spray suppression flaps to see if that improves things. Food for thought!

Colin.

I think you will find the reason for getting more muck up the sides of your M/h are because its on a camper chasis. The Bessie was on an older chasis. Autotrail have been using camper chasis since 2009.

Therefore the wheels are nearer the edge of the body work.

David

Guest JudgeMental
I'm only getting rear ones to protect my LPG filler which sits directly behind arch under sill

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental
Hmmm......Just realised that the mud guards I ordered from van plus never arrived! Forgot all about them...I did email them and ask where they were, and they said on the way..but that was weeks ago. So have just opened a Paypal dispute. did anyone else order from "van plus"?

In my experience front mudflaps help to keep the bottom of the door and sills a bit cleaner which helps as you climb in and out - but further back they make no difference.

Rear mudflaps do help to keep the area directly behind them clean and if they are big enough they might sometimes reduce the muck on the back of the van. But when it's really raining on a long haul and the roads are dirty which is most of the time the back still gets filthy.

So on balance I've decided not to bother any more as I too don't like all the crud that gathers around the fittings.

Guest machra

JudgeMental just reminded me that I too have yet to receive a set fo mud flaps from VanPlus.  Just rung them and they are 'looking into it'.  I also feel a paypal dispute coming on :( :(

JudgeMental - 2013-06-02 12:09 PM

Hmmm......Just realised that the mud guards I ordered from van plus never arrived! Forgot all about them...I did email them and ask where they were, and they said on the way..but that was weeks ago. So have just opened a Paypal dispute. did anyone else order from "van plus"?

judge, i think 45 days before you can open a dispute, i ordered the suppression ones from SDG haven't heard owt from them either *-)

jon

silverback - 2013-06-03 8:39 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-06-02 12:09 PM

judge, i think 45 days before you can open a dispute, i ordered the suppression ones from SDG haven't heard owt from them either *-)

jon

i take it back they arrived from SDG this morning, look substantial and will be altering holes like lenny says to stick em further out

good to see you got refund judge

jon

The vanplus mud flaps look good. Ordered a pair Tuesday they arrived Thursday, fitted them today (Friday). Clearly designed for the ducato x250, not just cut but moulded to the wheel arch / cill shape. Look well made, robust but flexible. Easy to fit, even with wheels on. Good purpose made clamps, one uses an existing hole in the body wheel flange (just push out the plastic hole cover). Very pleased with them...... But not used vehicle yet, so can not advise whether they stop the dirt spraying over the van side..... But looking at them, they must help. £32.90 incl delivery. http://www.vanplusdirect.co.uk/epages/es133288.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es133288/Products/%22Ducato%20Mudflaps%20FRONT%22

We got some of the genuine Fait rubber ones for the front on line from a main dealer. Sorry but I can't remember who it was or what we paid but it was far below the price quoted by our local main dealers. Much better quality than many substitutes we looked at. Easy and secure to fit.

Having said that I'm not sure I'd bother again as they don't do much to help keep things clean other than the area immediately behind them.

Our AutoTrail has rear ones fitted as standard and they do seem to do more good than the front ones.

Archived