Clubs, great value

rupert123

rupert123 - 2013-05-21 5:17 PM

...Just thought i was giving a bit of usefull information about the bargains out their so you can stop 'sluming it' and stay on a few sites for a change.

Here's just one of hundreds of places we've slummed it off formal sites because we are tight.

I wonder if Henry would post some pictures of the club sites he exuberantly promotes in order that we might see what we are missing.

I'd love to see some pictures of attractive (closed) toilet blocks, wardens buzzing around on mowers, people constantly driving past pitches, tangles of EHU leads, acres of windbreaks and awnings, kids racing around on bikes, people scrubbing their vegetables, masses of prohibitive signs, the constant rolling back and forth of water containers, other people watching Henry watching them, barking dogs, loud TVs, and the confrontations between those wishing to camp and wardens who are most certainly going to do their best to turn members away.

I think some pics like that might persuade me, and others, to abandon our freeloading ways and pay a substantial sum of money to be utterly disappointed.

1734874038_Repository(47).jpg.8a9995c594285c34daa9b469451bd834.jpg

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in Tarragona, Spain at the moment and the view is towards the sea where i am parked on the beach, the picture is a beach bar where i am parked, i am having a cold beer right now on the beach at the bar! now, please post photos of the place you are staying right at this moment (today/tomorrow will do) so i can see what i am missing in life?

http://www.camperstops.co.uk/images/Tarragona-Beach-Dusk.jpg

Guest pelmetman
crinklystarfish - 2013-05-21 8:06 PM

rupert123 - 2013-05-21 5:17 PM

...Just thought i was giving a bit of usefull information about the bargains out their so you can stop 'sluming it' and stay on a few sites for a change.

Here's just one of hundreds of places we've slummed it off formal sites because we are tight.

I wonder if Henry would post some pictures of the club sites he exuberantly promotes in order that we might see what we are missing.

I'd love to see some pictures of attractive (closed) toilet blocks, wardens buzzing around on mowers, people constantly driving past pitches, tangles of EHU leads, acres of windbreaks and awnings, kids racing around on bikes, people scrubbing their vegetables, masses of prohibitive signs, the constant rolling back and forth of water containers, other people watching Henry watching them, barking dogs, loud TVs, and the confrontations between those wishing to camp and wardens who are most certainly going to do their best to turn members away.

I think some pics like that might persuade me, and others, to abandon our freeloading ways and pay a substantial sum of money to be utterly disappointed.

Not sure I'd want to stay at a repository 8-)

I dont want or need a shower block, electricity, bookings only in advance only the freedom the motorhome gives me, thats why i got the thing in the first place, if i needed to stay on a campsite i would have got a caravan!

http://www.camperstops.co.uk/images/point-of-ayre-2.jpg

Maybe not 'Great Value' , but reasonable, and always a good standard, with the C Club at least , you can see where the money is being spent, on upgrades, new sites etc., NOT on interest payments on past borrowing. I also make a point of not staying on sites that make a charge for Dogs, unless that is, they Actually supply something 'extra' for my dogs charge. .. like a dog shower or dog playground.

A lot of 'so called' premium sites, here in the south west anyway,charge up to £3 per dog per night !!!

a Rip off. So, Yes, in that respect at least, the Clubs ARE good value. Ray

nice holiday snaps, by the way. Cornwall out of the dreaded 'School Holidays Season' is every bit as nice though.

£3 per dog per night!

And this is at site, and i bet the rules state your dog must be kept on a lead at all times!!!

what a rip off...

The more i read about these sites the more you put me of from ever wanting to visit another one!

My dog likes places like this

http://www.camperstops.co.uk/images/Nort-sur-Erdre-Aires.jpg

Keith I am a bit mystified what you are trying to prove here. Not sure about others but a load of pictures of carparks with a bit of a view do nothing for me. Not one of those places would i have any desire to stay on at all. As for your beach with the bar, four days, i would be climbing the walls with boredom.

Everyone knows it's just because you and the other slummers on here you're tight, just admit it.

There can be no other possible reason you'd want to stay in rubbish places like these.

You are tight sir, a skinflint, you and your lot have spent thousands on your motorhome and won't fork out a few more quid to reach the nirvana of abiding by petty officialdom and paying the paltry sum of up to £30 a night to park in a field to listen to other people's tellies, dogs, cars and kids.

Shame on you and all the gipsies like you everywhere.

Site1.jpg.112653884e89aa56c3e770d5bcca6ca0.jpg

Site2.jpg.dc5b08fef6d299707dfd87d1a0f450dd.jpg

Site3.jpg.222d2d748af2e312cd18e396224f62e5.jpg

Guest 1footinthegrave
I do stay on sites from time to time, but only ones that charge £30 a night for dogs. >:-)

Playing nice, Rupert is, of course, right with his assertion that some people choose not to stay on sites because they can't afford to, or would rather spend that money on other things.

I suppose it's too much to hope that he could bring himself to accept that not everyone makes that decision on a financial basis and, even in cases where people are indeed motivated by saving fees, that he would respect the rights and choices of others.

Surely it can't be that hard to grasp the concept that there are very many reasons why people choose to stay on sites, or not. *-)

Why then did i spent around £1800 on a solar system & refillable gas system when i could have just stayed on campsites and saved that money! i spent the money so i could have the freedom to travel and stay where i like so i am hardly a skintflint trying to save some money?

Another brilliant thread. Its cheared me up no end! :-D

I could add to the wild camping and Aires photos and I have some blinders but I think I have posted many before! It is stange though that it is always photos of Aires and wild spots that appear. I dont remember seeing many fantastic photos of these wonderful campsites. So where are they?

And a very interesting point made earlier. Us aire and wildcamp users are apparently doing it to save money yet all we ever hear from campsite users is either complaints about site prices or how much they have saved on a 3 night deal!

Guest 1footinthegrave
crinklystarfish - 2013-05-22 10:09 AM

Playing nice, Rupert is, of course, right with his assertion that some people choose not to stay on sites because they can't afford to, or would rather spend that money on other things.

I suppose it's too much to hope that he could bring himself to accept that not everyone makes that decision on a financial basis and, even in cases where people are indeed motivated by saving fees, that he would respect the rights and choices of others.

Surely it can't be that hard to grasp the concept that there are very many reasons why people choose to stay on sites, or not. *-)

His general assumption is as he has stated on numerous occasions is "it is all about money" he is blinkered and hung up on that view, I'll concede the point to a certain degree as again I've stated on numerous occasions we simply do not want to pay club site fee's when all we want is somewhere to stop at the end of the day, have a kip, the move on the next day. We were in the CCC club until last year, where as a "service" they offered members the facility to stop and dump water and obtain fresh water I think for £6, hardly a bargain, wouldn't it be better to do just that, and offer it as a service to members.

On the rare occasions we stop for a day or two we use an Acsi site the most expensive of which is 16 Euros, where for those that want them many have swimming pools and restaurants, no CC sites as far as I'm aware have those. (!)

It would be easy for me to go through my pictures and find views that are better than those shown on this thread, indeed it would be very easy. However a waste of time as it would convince no-one as your pictures have failed to convince me. My wife and i do not choose a place to stay, whether it is aire or site on the view alone, why would you do that. The view is a bonus but only part of the reason. The thought of staying in a carpark, however good the view, holds no appeal at all. I like solitude, at times, as much as any but I also like people and meeting others, not much chance of this parked up all on your own in a lonely carpark. As for sitting on a beach four days drinking beer, did that in my teens in Spain, over that now, you are welcome to it. As has been pointed out each to their own, it is simply not our way to park up without permission on someone else's land or on a carpark, even if it does have a good view. Having to make sure you point the right way for a quick getaway, chaining the doors up tight, setting all the alarms, not really my idea of a relaxing holiday. Still if you enjoy it that is fine by me but personally i can find other ways to save a few bob.

For Henry yes I do stay on sites see the picture below of us on a CAMP SITE.

Where are your pictures then Henry? We are all still waiting so excited to see these wonderful places you stay at. :D

By the way like Keith I spent a grand on re-fillable gas bottles, solar panel, extra battery would have been a lot cheaper to stay on those awful CC sites.

P1000320.JPG.d66ed157c310f3bd125c2a4db526a5a8.JPG

Archived