Clubs, great value

rupert123

Guest 1footinthegrave
I recognise the last one, the CC club site near Birmingham :D mind you a great Bus museum right next door .

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to show typical pitch so not just a view.

1] no idea

2] Narbonne acsi site

3 St. Malo acsi site sorry about the washing, wife insists on doing it.

4] Dordogne, site on farm

As you can see rows of vans lined up, kids everywhere. The pitches at St. malo and narbonne were about twice the size you can see, hedges all around. At narbonne all pitches had own shower, toilet, water.

Have not included pictures of swimming pools, tennis courts etc, can if you wish.

lyn1.thumb.jpg.697185250bbc360a0a95e76248aa02b3.jpg

lyn2.thumb.jpg.cfdc69ec87a8d34b7eadb425a3963259.jpg

lyn3.thumb.jpg.451ff5785efd8ea1e1f943f3d6651ba1.jpg

lyn4.thumb.jpg.11d6295fc0d7b6d3a8ef29e7592d82af.jpg

No. 4 looks like Le Puy, from site at bottom of the town. There's a really good restaurant nearby called Restaurant Francois Gagnaire, if you fancy lashing out.

(Missed Rupert's header that said what was what - at least I got it right though!)

Guest 1footinthegrave
We could all do that,post similar pictures, we use ACSI and municipals as well as Aires, I thought we were going to see the fab pictures of CC club sites, :-S

1footinthegrave - 2013-05-23 11:48 AM

We could all do that,post similar pictures, we use ACSI and municipals as well as Aires, I thought we were going to see the fab pictures of CC club sites, :-S

Well their is one, can do a few more if you wish but do not have many. We only use them in the uk and the C& CC site at Sennen will be a first, never used one of their sites before.

Guest JudgeMental

They don't exist...but again even a CC site must be a welcome break after N Wales. H me old mate I dont go on holiday just for some sun, although it is a very welcome element. We have been up to scandinavia 3 times as well. different cultures, food, environment, nature, experiences, beauty, peoples etc...life is short, the world is big, and the clock is ticking....

Travel simply broadens the mind....you should try it sometime :-D

Guest 1footinthegrave
rupert123 - 2013-05-23 11:57 AM

Well their is one, can do a few more if you wish but do not have many. We only use them in the uk and the C& CC site at Sennen will be a first, never used one of their sites before.

No it's OK Henry, despite you thinking I'm a freeloader we have over the years used many CC and CCC club sites, but our preference before we discovered the comparative freedom of France were CLs, we don't like people too much, and prefer a degree of privacy ;-)

JudgeMental - 2013-05-23 12:10 PM

They don't exist...but again even a CC site must be a welcome break after N Wales. H me old mate I dont go on holiday just for some sun, although it is a very welcome element. We have been up to scandinavia 3 times as well. different cultures, food, environment, nature, experiences, beauty, peoples etc...life is short, the world is big, and the clock is ticking....

Travel simply broadens the mind....you should try it sometime :-D

It is nice to know you have been to North Wales and know it so well. Still after the London Smog you live in its OK to be jealous I guess. As for travel you are right I have only managed about six months a year away, not this year yet, and I know you are stuck with a few weeks of school holiday period, still never mind one day you may be able to do the same. *-)

Guest JudgeMental
I don't count france as travelling..and yes have been to north wales. Once was most definitely enough...south wales fine......nicer people. Bet you fit right in.....

JudgeMental - 2013-05-23 2:19 PM

I don't count france as travelling..and yes have been to north wales. Once was most definitely enough...south wales fine......nicer people. Bet you fit right in.....

Umm, but then you like Benidorm, that and your avatar about sums you up Eddie so guess North Wales not for you. To much great scenary, history, heritage etc. When it rains, which it does at times, waterfalls and rivers are great, oh yes we have some of the best beaches in the uk.

I'm going to print all these pics off, enlarge them, and then instead of going away, just hang one on the fence next to the m/h and pretend i'm somewhere nice. Put the grand children to bed and tell them we are travelling overnight and put a new one up for the morning.Should save me a few bob :-D (to COIN a phrase) see what I did there! :D

Guest JudgeMental

But H not the sea or temperatures to match....God forsaken and desperately boring...

You keep on about Benidorm....as if it is a dirty word. Have been just the once for a cheap winter holiday...ruined a bit by a certain element of Brits but you don't have to go where they go.

We enjoyed it very much,. Lovely town, good food, cheap prices, nice people the Spanish, with a great family orientated culture. lovely weather, out cycling nearly every day, and will be back again late September..what's not to like :-D

Guest JudgeMental

i got loads of pics from over the years unfortunately most on my HD in crashed computer...waitiing for son to move it to new PC :-S

Here is a view from nice CC in Scunthorpe...

EDIT: Oops! its that Taj Mahal at christmas! and yes I know it looks like a painting, but it is a photo taken at sunrise by my son... and what it actually looks like..Why Oh why is it so difficult to get a decent size image on to this site! *-)

1352222900_image2.jpg.29f3e5e84eafaa9b1159c9adf0dbe6c1.jpg

JudgeMental - 2013-05-23 4:00 PM

i got loads of pics from over the years unfortunately most on my HD in crashed computer...waitiing for son to move it to new PC :-S

EDIT: Oops! its that Taj Mahal at christmas! and yes I know it looks like a painting, but it is a photo taken at sunrise by my son... and what it actually looks like..Why Oh why is it so difficult to get a decent size image on to this site! *-)

I can print you out one of my pictures of this if you like Eddie, pretty old one went back in the 70's but i thought this was a M/H forum so admit did not go in van. Anyway competition of where we have been over. Incidently re posting of pictures i use a site recommended by you way back and it works well for me.

Guest JudgeMental
rupert123 - 2013-05-23 4:05 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-05-23 4:00 PM

I can print you out one of my pictures of this if you like Eddie, pretty old one went back in the 70's but i thought this was a M/H forum so admit did not go in van. Anyway competition of where we have been over. Incidently re posting of pictures i use a site recommended by you way back and it works well for me.

your right its not a competition..but most of the photos posted far from special to be honest..

We dont travel just for the campsites generally, now that kids grown... except Fornella. But the experience within reach of that site...But I do like a comfortable relaxing site, with top facilities after a busy day sightseeing. its not that different than a hotel holiday to be honest. a swim, shower G&T and a nice dinner out in superb weather Yet to find a UK site that gets within a 100 miles of a decent European ones....

can you remember the name of photo website?

Have been on the St Malo site but not overly impressed although quite a nice location. The same local council ran a site at Rothenuef just along the road as a caravan site for the high season and then an aires for the low season. It has now changed to an aires only with different charges but for the high season and possibly they now do not open showers etc.

So if a caravan site changes to an aires does it get degraded?

Most of Henry's pictures are of nice French sites with nice privately hedged pitches we all like those, don't see any that resemble a typical CC site he keeps raving about and some of them have no evidence of being a site could have been taken anywhere.

Guest JudgeMental
lennyhb - 2013-05-23 5:23 PM

Off topic I know but not to be outdone by Eddie the misses & me in front of a load of old marble.

HOY! you photoshopped my picture! Thats a view from park of barnsley shopping centre :D

Typical Aire user...to tight to pay to go in:-D

Guest 1footinthegrave

Ah the wonders of Photoshop, a park bench in Manchester overlaid on the Taj Mahal.

Bugger you beat me to it, and if folk are going to start getting their holiday snaps out I'm out of here. ;-)

JudgeMental - 2013-05-23 5:34 PM

lennyhb - 2013-05-23 5:23 PM

Off topic I know but not to be outdone by Eddie the misses & me in front of a load of old marble.

HOY! you photoshopped my picture! Thats a view from park of barnsley shopping centre :D

Typical Aire user...to tight to pay to go in :-D

(lol) ..and just why Lenny would take a photo of some old bloke,sitting on a bench with his daughter,is anyones guess? (lol)

I think I can see why some use club sites. I guess there are some of us who dont like surprises, like uniformity and the idea that they know what to expect.

I like the idea of a gamble to be honest. As an example Im going to show you what some would consider an horrific Aire. However. It could also be the nicest Aire you will visit. It depends on several factors. Firstly if you dont get one of the very few premier spots or at least one of the 2nd tier premier spots your stuffed into what can only be described as a mash up. Secondly if the weather is crap or the mistral blows there isnt much to do. Thirdly if your neighbours turn out to be several noisy Belgians your holiday will be ruined. :-D

Its the Aire at St Croix on Lac St Croix in Provence not far from the Verdon Gorges. It is completely stunning. In 2011 we spent a week there (6e a night inc services, no ehu). The weather was superb and we bagged a premier spot with our own seats overlooking the lake. Lovely atmosphere, neigbours charming and friendly and after 11pm quiet. Spitting distance of one of the loveliest picture postcard hill top villages with plenty of nice restaurants, bars and shops and the Lake just below is superb. If your down the bottom end of the Aire though its bedlam and you will be very close to your neighbours. People still seem to have a good time and the campsite by the way which is down the hill by the lake is pretty crap.

Last year despite bagging the same premier spot the neighbours were annoying (although freindly) and after day 1 the weather turned and blew a gale for 2 days until we left so not as good an experience

So I think its all about the kind of experience you have that makes you think somewhere is special or nice. We went last year expecting it to be as magical as the year before and it just wasnt. Isnt that what motorhoming is about though? The unexpected and not knowing whats going to happen tomorrow. Sometimes you win, sometimes you dont.

On the subject of Water Flicka in six months touring last year we never paid for water once or bought a Jeton. Just takes some planning ahead. I nearly always fill up when its either included or free and its rare for me to turn up empty anywhere as you never know if its going to be open, working or even if you will end up there at all!

1928699063_hankstcroix.JPG.47e13a6a1dd61fadf6a25a7352700cf3.JPG

1585920337_stcroixaire.JPG.35d880d919343046f396d1b9029194f5.JPG

51937271_vanview.JPG.2d768f63f83f9143860d5d83bee76ee7.JPG

JudgeMental - 2013-05-23 5:34 PM

Typical Aire user...to tight to pay to go in:-D

That was actually in the Taj gardens and taken buy our guide that we were paying for the day so a very expensive photo by Indian standards. :-D

Archived