Clubs, great value

rupert123

pepe63 - 2013-05-23 5:43 PM

(lol) ..and just why Lenny would take a photo of some old bloke,sitting on a bench with his daughter,is anyones guess? (lol)

You may not believe it she is old than the the old bloke (by a couple of months) :D

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1footinthegrave
Lovely view, but views are ten a penny, but as an Aire user it looks like a vision of hell........sorry.

Guest 1footinthegrave
lennyhb - 2013-05-23 6:30 PM

pepe63 - 2013-05-23 5:43 PM

(lol) ..and just why Lenny would take a photo of some old bloke,sitting on a bench with his daughter,is anyones guess? (lol)

You may not believe it she is old than the the old bloke (by a couple of months) :D

Ah the woman, we can't dye our hair, or keep it either. :D

sambukashot - 2013-05-23 10:13 PM

Sorry Rupert123 or Henry?

Those pictures you posted are pretty lame...

Now here is a view from a few weeks ago, Javia in Spain

http://www.camperstops.co.uk/images/Javea-Beach.jpg 

My worst nightmare, tower blocks and a beach. Reminds me of Spain 18/30 holidays, anyone remember them.

JudgeMental - 2013-05-23 4:24 PM

rupert123 - 2013-05-23 4:05 PM

JudgeMental - 2013-05-23 4:00 PM

i got loads of pics from over the years unfortunately most on my HD in crashed computer...waitiing for son to move it to new PC :-S

Here is a view from nice CC in Scunthorpe...

EDIT: Oops! its that Taj Mahal at christmas! and yes I know it looks like a painting, but it is a photo taken at sunrise by my son... and what it actually looks like..Why Oh why is it so difficult to get a decent size image on to this site! *-)

I can print you out one of my pictures of this if you like Eddie, pretty old one went back in the 70's but i thought this was a M/H forum so admit did not go in van. Anyway competition of where we have been over. Incidently re posting of pictures i use a site recommended by you way back and it works well for me.

your right its not a competition..but most of the photos posted far from special to be honest..

We dont travel just for the campsites generally, now that kids grown... except Fornella. But the experience within reach of that site...But I do like a comfortable relaxing site, with top facilities after a busy day sightseeing. its not that different than a hotel holiday to be honest. a swim, shower G&T and a nice dinner out in superb weather Yet to find a UK site that gets within a 100 miles of a decent European ones....

can you remember the name of photo website?

http://www.picresize.com/ Thats it, just scroll down till you get to a box and fill in max kb bit, really easy.

sshortcircuit - 2013-05-23 4:32 PM

Have been on the St Malo site but not overly impressed although quite a nice location. The same local council ran a site at Rothenuef just along the road as a caravan site for the high season and then an aires for the low season. It has now changed to an aires only with different charges but for the high season and possibly they now do not open showers etc.

So if a caravan site changes to an aires does it get degraded?

This site is just outside, St Jouan des Guerals and it is brilliant.

lennyhb - 2013-05-23 5:31 PM

Most of Henry's pictures are of nice French sites with nice privately hedged pitches we all like those, don't see any that resemble a typical CC site he keeps raving about and some of them have no evidence of being a site could have been taken anywhere.

Lenny all these taken direct from the site, anyone who has been to them can probably confirm. I never get into slanging matches but really object to being called a liar.

If your going to post photos of places you have parked you have to include the van otherwise it could be anywhere!! :-D

This was my favourite from last year 5000ft up in the French Alps not far from Italy. Barmy hot summer evening. Just us there. we were so high and clear that we even got a wifi signal on the antenna from the small town 4 miles away down the valley using the directional Antenna.

At around midnight we could hear wolves howling (there are around 20 packs in that area near the border). Fun going out for a fag at midnight in the pitch black.

Now that is what motorhoming is all about. Not sat in a flipping row in some concrete jungle.

1502890431_wildingserreponcon.JPG.9a0a897c058ae7fa528e771bd9be5b53.JPG

Have done a bit of a search and I asume you are referring to Camping Le P'tit Bois as amazing. Well a picture paints a 1000 words and having stayed on similar type sites, ACSI book, site web page and your photo I would sum it up in one word, "struth". There is absolutely no competition in what you consider is "amazing" and what to others would be absolutely dreadful. Everybody is entitled to their own views and others judge them by that, so I do not think I will add anything more to this post

Waaaay back on page 2 the gauntlet thrown was for Rupert to post some photos of actual CC or C&CC sites in order that freeloading scum might see what £30 a night would buy. The thread was about the value of 'Club' sites after all.

I think Rupert only posted one photo taken from a CC site: Fort William. (Apols if I've missed anything).

This appears to be the actual site - there seem to be a lot of people crammed into a small space. I do hope they have plenty of rules to stop the people who have handed over a good sum of cash irritating one another - it's not as if they can easily up and leave once they've paid or anything...

Bunree.jpg.3337506912d1598ec13b6bd8e5b01c82.jpg

Guest 1footinthegrave

From our perspective you've hit the nail on the head.

;-) the last site we stayed and paid good money for in Chatres, was completely ruined by some Brits who turned up, pitched unfortunately right behind us, then allowed their three jack russels to entertain one and all with their constant barking every time someone so much as blinked. ( with apologies to dog lovers everywhere )

Barryd999 - 2013-05-24 9:57 AM
sambukashot - 2013-05-24 8:53 AM

Here is a 360 degress look at P’tit Bois

Click Here

Doesnt look like my idea of motorhome fun! It would be ok if there was nobody else on it and I didnt have to wear those ridiculous shorts in order to use the flipping pool.
Well I can't see anything that relates to your "average UK motorhomer" in that photo?....Where are all the the over 60-80 year olds?....and there's not one mobility scooter in sight!...nor can I see any of those annoying yappy dogs on ridiculously long leads..? (lol)

pepe63 - 2013-05-24 10:56 AM

Click Here

Doesnt look like my idea of motorhome fun! It would be ok if there was nobody else on it and I didnt have to wear those ridiculous shorts in order to use the flipping pool.
Well I can't see anything that relates to your "average UK motorhomer" in that photo?....Where are all the the over 60-80 year olds?....and there's not one mobility scooter in sight!...nor can I see any of those annoying yappy dogs on ridiculously long leads..? (lol)
I didn't even get a picture of a campsite.Just a swimming pool. 8-)

Guest JudgeMental

Click Here

its called hygiene....So your stinky shorts that you have been sitting around in for days dont contaminate the rest of us *-) Not my kind of pool either, but obviously a family campsite.I prefer a normal pool that you can actually swim in! and why we go to Fornella. it has a similar family pool (better than above) but they kept their older large oblong pool as well and thats the one we prefer to relax around and swim in...an Italian campsite in high season...peaceful and relaxed...They have even installed chemical toilet emptying machines (hard to explain) but an automatic stainless steel block that you empty your cassette into... I walked past it about 20 times last year before realising what it was(lol)

fornella.jpg.0876f73844cab86a7a6b2692448cf529.jpg

rupert123 - 2013-05-23 10:34 PM

lennyhb - 2013-05-23 5:31 PM

Most of Henry's pictures are of nice French sites with nice privately hedged pitches we all like those, don't see any that resemble a typical CC site he keeps raving about and some of them have no evidence of being a site could have been taken anywhere.

Lenny all these taken direct from the site, anyone who has been to them can probably confirm. I never get into slanging matches but really object to being called a liar.

I think you have taken my comment the wrong way Henry I said "could" I didn't imply they were.

1footinthegrave - 2013-05-24 9:37 AM

From our perspective you've hit the nail on the head.

;-) the last site we stayed and paid good money for in Chatres, was completely ruined by some Brits who turned up, pitched unfortunately right behind us, then allowed their three jack russels to entertain one and all with their constant barking every time someone so much as blinked. ( with apologies to dog lovers everywhere )

Yep Chatres is not that good, you slipped up Mike there is a nice free parking area facing over the meadow about a 200 yards from the site, next to the start of the footpath to the town.

JudgeMental - 2013-05-24 11:16 AM

Click Here

its called hygiene....So your stinky shorts that you have been sitting around in for days dont contaminate the rest of us *-) Not my kind of pool either, but obviously a family campsite.I prefer a normal pool that you can actually swim in! and why we go to Fornella. it has a similar family pool (better than above) but they kept their older large oblong pool as well and thats the one we prefer to relax around and swim in...an Italian campsite in high season...peaceful and relaxed...They have even installed chemical toilet emptying machines (hard to explain) but an automatic stainless steel block that you empty your cassette into... I walked past it about 20 times last year before realising what it was(lol)
Hygene! Dont make me laugh. So the tight fitting shorts or God forbid Speedos that these fat blokes walk around in all day, sit on the beach and then jump in the pool are more hygenic than the normal shorts that I would put on especially for swimming having had a shower first? Crap. Its the daftest rule I have ever heard (not that it really effects me). The pools are full of cleaning chemicals and filters anyway as well as hordes of kids pissing in them all day long.I stay on the odd ACSI site out of season if there is nobody on it and I can usually judge if Ill like it or not by the answer to my first question. Can I wear normal shorts in your pool. If the answer is "Of course" then we will stay otherwise Im off.

Guest JudgeMental

normal people tend to put trunks on just for swimming and wash them out afterwards...And yes Indeed you are talking crap..try listening to yourself...Many sites now have a swimming cap rule as well...I guess that would cause you a similar hissy fit and you would be away down the road to the nearest bit of free waste ground you could find...

867652611_mankini-Copy.jpg.d8ec4cf5065bde6fb0401868e454c549.jpg

Archived