Clubs, great value

rupert123

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental
crinklystarfish - 2013-05-24 2:54 PM

Is that the kind of Italian campsite you head for Eddie? (lol)

Borat an inspiration.... :D

No not really....but have been on Provence beaches and you see some real sights there! we were once sitting on a beach outside St Tropez and this old guy was sitting in front of us...he stood up with hands on his hips looking out to sea and you could see this wizened thing hanging between his legs...I though PLEASE! dont turn around! guess what? he did... :-S

teach us to sit on nudist beach I guess...it was impossible to stop Mrs Mental laughing!

Well Matt, whilst I agree that the pool at Villanova is wonderful and the rest of the facilities are top notch, the pitches are the darkest, tinyest, most regimented rows of any site we have been on. How the 'wilders' on here can criticize CC members if they have stayed there is not on.

We lasted 2 days before easing down into Sitges and calmness, lovely.

sambukashot - 2013-05-24 11:49 AM

One of the best pools i have seen for a campsite is at Vilanova Park near Barcelona, took this today and as you can see its sunny but not warm enough for a swim!

http://www.camperstops.co.uk/images/Vilanova-Park-Pool.jpg

Yes, it is a lovely pool but do they still start the 'entertainment' at 4.30 pm going on till 11 pm and can be heard over a large part of the site?? I regret not our scene. As for being warm enough we have been in the pool here in Murcia daily as it is thermal water heated to 30 degrees....loverly. Also 25 degrees here so you need to come further south.

Guest JudgeMental
In Spain This time of year you can get good weather, a full service pitch with tv, wifi etc....heated indoor pool restaurant etc..etc...for about £300 a month....Barry?..... Jeez.....BARRY!.. Blimey!...... He has driven oft again!!!! :D :-D

Guest pelmetman
Well if its a how far do you go comp :D................3 years ago to celebrate Horace's 21st birthday we got to Europa point in Gib ;-)..............the hard way through the town 8-)..............as I didn't discover the new East road until I got there *-) .........

1415518383_DSCN1976webdoc.thumb.jpg.d1b04aaa1940c75a4fed46d9ec3db754.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2013-05-24 6:56 PM

Gigraltar? Pah - a mere day trip!!

Try The Nordkapp on Midsummer's Day!

Yeah ;-) ................but I bet it was still bleedin cold :D...............I've been inside the artic circle 35 years ago, and I'm still trying to thaw out my knackers 8-)

pelmetman - 2013-05-24 7:01 PM

Try The Nordkapp at midnight on Midsummer's Day!

Yeah ;-) ................but I bet it was still bleedin cold

To be sure, it was hardly sunbathing weather - but we were down to just the one fleece jacket most of the time and it didn't rain or snow for almost 24 hours - and the unique aura and views made it well worth the trip - a magical mystical place indeed - and far from the madding crowd - apart from the 120 other motorhomes and 50 or so coaches that we shared the car park with that day!

This was abit warmer - about 26 degrees - The Sahara - in February!

IMG_0233_1_4.JPG.6e85335bf7b8806fd904889d4f0a8fd3.JPG

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2013-05-24 7:07 PM

pelmetman - 2013-05-24 7:01 PM

Try The Nordkapp at midnight on Midsummer's Day!

Yeah ;-) ................but I bet it was still bleedin cold

To be sure, it was hardly sunbathing weather - but we were down to just the one fleece jacket most of the time and it didn't rain or snow for almost 24 hours - and the unique aura and views made it well worth the trip - a magical mystical place indeed - and far from the madding crowd - apart from the 120 other motorhomes and 50 or so coaches that we shared the car park with that day!

This was abit warmer - about 26 degrees - The Sahara - in February!

Blimey Rich 8-)...............how big is your van?........our outside furniture has to fold up ;-)

sambukashot - 2013-05-24 8:53 AM

Here is a 360 degress look at P’tit Bois

Click Here

Yep thats it. That picture was probably taken in the height of the August bank holiday, although you do not seem to have the wit to understand that. When we were their, in June, we paid €15 a night it was nearly deserted and fantastic. You can keep your pictures of the grotty bits of sand you keep posting they do not impress. Le p,tit Bois has two pools a restuarant, bar, very good clean toilets and shower and very private pitches.

crinklystarfish - 2013-05-24 9:18 AM

Waaaay back on page 2 the gauntlet thrown was for Rupert to post some photos of actual CC or C&CC sites in order that freeloading scum might see what £30 a night would buy. The thread was about the value of 'Club' sites after all.

I think Rupert only posted one photo taken from a CC site: Fort William. (Apols if I've missed anything).

This appears to be the actual site - there seem to be a lot of people crammed into a small space. I do hope they have plenty of rules to stop the people who have handed over a good sum of cash irritating one another - it's not as if they can easily up and leave once they've paid or anything...

Who mention CC sites, cannot see that anywhere, just pictures of sites.

rupert123 - 2013-05-25 12:27 PM

Click Here

Yep thats it. That picture was probably taken in the height of the August bank holiday, although you do not seem to have the wit to understand that

Excuse me Rupert, i did not produce that 360 degree image i only linked to it so how would i know when the image was taken? if you had looked at the URL in your browser http://www.ptitbois.com/visite-virtuelle/camping_le_ptit_bois_a_saint_malo.html you would have noticed it is from the campsites website direct www.ptitbois.com or did you not have the wit to work that out?

Guest 1footinthegrave
sambukashot - 2013-05-25 12:38 PM

Click Here

Yep thats it. That picture was probably taken in the height of the August bank holiday, although you do not seem to have the wit to understand that

Excuse me Rupert, i did not produce that 360 degree image i only linked to it so how would i know when the image was taken? if you had looked at the URL in your browser http://www.ptitbois.com/visite-virtuelle/camping_le_ptit_bois_a_saint_malo.html you would have noticed it is from the campsites website direct www.ptitbois.com or did you not have the wit to work that out?

You'll get used to Henry. (Rupert)

As a poster up-thread asserts “there is no right or wrong - just different!” but he then goes on to denigrate the choices made by what he calls “ex tuggers”:

“The best bit about sites is watching the ex tuggers set up camp - you can always tell - it takes them hours to set up with continual adjustments to rear legs, awning, windbreaks - and the appearance of yet more accessories from within their very own Tardis - and then best of all they walk to the tap time and again to replenish their tank with two one gallon cans - one in each hand, presumably for balance - or better still - a watering can! WOW how much fun is that!”

To which someone replies:

“Pleased I saw the light what a plonker I must have looked”

What is all that if not making derisory comments??? “Belittling” people as another poster has it?????

I do get slightly fed up of the Aire / Wildcamping fans continually patronising site users – as if somehow we are not considered “proper” motorhomers.

Well I like using sites. And I like being a member of both clubs - have been a member for 28 years of 1 and 20 years of the other. We still use club sites, mainly with our caravan – for yes, we are still Tuggers too.

Sometimes, I feel that Jean and Robert can be a little patronising. Up-thread they used the word “rightly” – in whose judgment? Who is the arbiter of tasteful choices when it comes to “proper” motorhoming?

FWIW, I enjoy “making camp”. I like getting out all the bits and bobs and making a pitch a home for the duration of a stay.

And there are HUGE assumptions and generalisations made about sites: they are all over crowed, noisy, full of kids on bikes and scooters and where peace is disturbed by loud TVs.

Yes… of course they are. Of course I spend trips away in places like that. DUH!

I need no lessons in the virtues of Wildcamping. It’s what I did in my younger days. Back packing with a 2 man tent, pitching up on a mountain for the night. Or going with the Girl Guides to a field, digging latrines, sleeping on the floor in bell tents, lighting fires to cook food, having a fire shelter with a huge bin of water constantly on the boil for hot water for washing / cooking, making gadgets to act as “furniture”.

I’ve camped [in the widest sense of the word] one way or another since I was a toddler. That's for well over 60 years.

Right now we are on a site in the Luberon. Huge pitches on terraces. Lovely views. [And no I haven’t a photo because I’m hopeless at fiddling about with stuff like that.] Not full at all. Hardly any other units about. But the bar is open and there is free WiFi here.

And guess what Tracker>>>>> we have a tap on our pitch and I am using a watering can to fill the tank. It’s just “pottering about”… camping. And right now I want to potter about as O/H has met with an accident. Battered and bruised and sore, he is resting up and I am glad of some chores to pass the day and something to do to take my mind off worrying about him 24/7. So laugh if you wish….

In August I will be using a C&CC site for a week. Our daughter and I are off to see 4 plays at Stratford-upon-Avon and we want somewhere to stay away from the hordes that will populate Stratford in the Summer. Sometimes when I am theatre going there I stay in hotels like the Falcon or the Shakespeare; sometimes in a Premier Inn or Travelodge. This time I choose to stay in our caravan in the Cotswolds. It may well prove to be busy, with loads of kids on bikes and scooters during August. But the theatre is more important that scoring points in the one-upmanship of the camping codes.

Camping / caravanning / motorhoming is a means to an end for me, and not an end in itself.

And yes, I am still open to Aires if we run across ones as nice as the one at St Cirq Lapopie which I mentioned else-thread.

So, please do not categorise all people who enjoy sites as being bigoted and as having closed minds. And, please stop all the wild generalisations about campsites and tuggers.

Cheers

Gwen

Still a Tugger Too.

rupert123 - 2013-05-25 12:34 PM

Who mention CC sites, cannot see that anywhere, just pictures of sites.

Errr, on page 2, I wrote:

crinklystarfish - 2013-05-21 8:06 PM

...I wonder if Henry would post some pictures of the club sites he exuberantly promotes in order that we might see what we are missing.

Still waiting.

For what it's worth though, to be fair I'm not that impressed with many of the photos posted (with a couple of notable exceptions). I guess it demonstrates just how differently people value and see things.

I personally wouldn't overnight in the vast majority of places pictured. Each to their own though and as long as people are happy then that's all that matters.

sambukashot - 2013-05-25 12:38 PM

Click Here

I really wonder about you. I never said you took it, pretty obvious it was lifted from their site, also pretty obvious it was either staged or more likely at a peak holiday period. It sure as hell was nothing like that in June when I was their.

Gwendolyn - 2013-05-25 1:53 PM

As a poster up-thread asserts “there is no right or wrong - just different!” but he then goes on to denigrate the choices made by what he calls “ex tuggers”:

“The best bit about sites is watching the ex tuggers set up camp - you can always tell - it takes them hours to set up with continual adjustments to rear legs, awning, windbreaks - and the appearance of yet more accessories from within their very own Tardis - and then best of all they walk to the tap time and again to replenish their tank with two one gallon cans - one in each hand, presumably for balance - or better still - a watering can! WOW how much fun is that!”

To which someone replies:

“Pleased I saw the light what a plonker I must have looked”

What is all that if not making derisory comments??? “Belittling” people as another poster has it?????

I do get slightly fed up of the Aire / Wildcamping fans continually patronising site users – as if somehow we are not considered “proper” motorhomers.

Well I like using sites. And I like being a member of both clubs - have been a member for 28 years of 1 and 20 years of the other. We still use club sites, mainly with our caravan – for yes, we are still Tuggers too.

Sometimes, I feel that Jean and Robert can be a little patronising. Up-thread they used the word “rightly” – in whose judgment? Who is the arbiter of tasteful choices when it comes to “proper” motorhoming?

FWIW, I enjoy “making camp”. I like getting out all the bits and bobs and making a pitch a home for the duration of a stay.

And there are HUGE assumptions and generalisations made about sites: they are all over crowed, noisy, full of kids on bikes and scooters and where peace is disturbed by loud TVs.

Yes… of course they are. Of course I spend trips away in places like that. DUH!

I need no lessons in the virtues of Wildcamping. It’s what I did in my younger days. Back packing with a 2 man tent, pitching up on a mountain for the night. Or going with the Girl Guides to a field, digging latrines, sleeping on the floor in bell tents, lighting fires to cook food, having a fire shelter with a huge bin of water constantly on the boil for hot water for washing / cooking, making gadgets to act as “furniture”.

I’ve camped [in the widest sense of the word] one way or another since I was a toddler. That's for well over 60 years.

Right now we are on a site in the Luberon. Huge pitches on terraces. Lovely views. [And no I haven’t a photo because I’m hopeless at fiddling about with stuff like that.] Not full at all. Hardly any other units about. But the bar is open and there is free WiFi here.

And guess what Tracker>>>>> we have a tap on our pitch and I am using a watering can to fill the tank. It’s just “pottering about”… camping. And right now I want to potter about as O/H has met with an accident. Battered and bruised and sore, he is resting up and I am glad of some chores to pass the day and something to do to take my mind off worrying about him 24/7. So laugh if you wish….

In August I will be using a C&CC site for a week. Our daughter and I are off to see 4 plays at Stratford-upon-Avon and we want somewhere to stay away from the hordes that will populate Stratford in the Summer. Sometimes when I am theatre going there I stay in hotels like the Falcon or the Shakespeare; sometimes in a Premier Inn or Travelodge. This time I choose to stay in our caravan in the Cotswolds. It may well prove to be busy, with loads of kids on bikes and scooters during August. But the theatre is more important that scoring points in the one-upmanship of the camping codes.

Camping / caravanning / motorhoming is a means to an end for me, and not an end in itself.

And yes, I am still open to Aires if we run across ones as nice as the one at St Cirq Lapopie which I mentioned else-thread.

So, please do not categorise all people who enjoy sites as being bigoted and as having closed minds. And, please stop all the wild generalisations about campsites and tuggers.

Cheers

Gwen

Still a Tugger Too.

Well said Gwen. However would not get to upset with them, after all their are may-be 5 or 6 posters who use aires or free camp on a regular basis. Like all minority groups they have to shout very loud to make themselves heard. People like Rich (Tracker) have been saying for some years now they never use sites so his opinion is some years out of date. Eddie said a few posts back he uses a camp site a bit like a hotel, well although I rarely agree with Eddie i do here because i guess this is what we do as well. Some think staying on a scrubby beach looking at tower blocks is the way to go, well fine by me but do not expect me to do it, been their, done that thirty years ago. Mountains are my thing or rather our thing, have been for years, looking out to a featurless bit of water even if the sun is shining, no thanks.

You really are a case Rubert.

Your photographs

"Just to show typical pitch so not just a view.

2] Narbonne acsi site

3 St. Malo acsi site sorry about the washing, wife insists on doing it. "

Scrubby pitches surrounded by hedges. Well these are really amazing

Guest JudgeMental

GREAT stuff Gwyn! And good to see you have caught on to manipulations of the stirring worm...really best ignored:-D

The thing is though, while we are happy to pay for quality sites abroad..it hard to get excited when being charged £25 upwards for a spot on a field with a tap, and that is what UK camping is generally about. Plus all the clubs offer is a toilet block, but generally sites in the middle of nowhere.... So I do have some sympathy with our minority of wilder's as I resent paying good money for nothing as well and hardly holiday here at all...

Like Eddie it's UK site I don't like plain boring grass fields & grumpy wardens and of course you can't just turn up an get a pitch at the end of your days touring. For your money you get to camp in a grass field paying for facilities you don't need and in most cases there is not even a motorhome service point. At least in France you generally get a private hedged pitch for a lot less money. In the past we have paid up to £38 a night in Italy. (That information is for those who keep harping on it's all about money.)

With kids no longer in tow we prefer the flexibility Aires and small municipals. Aires are fine buy us most nights all we want to do is get our heads down for the night. We also wild where it is appropriate and acceptable, Scotland, Ireland and France out of season, often find certain areas of France all the sites close at the end of August not much good if it's September.

What I do object to is people who shout about how wonderful club sites are when our personal experience of them over many years has never been good.

Archived