Motorbike or not in the Mosel

trickydicky

Hi, going to the Mosel in Germany soon.was planning on taking the bike to get around but from what I have read I 'm not sure that I need to take it ! We don't mind walking a few miles but usually take the bike for that extra long journey,but from what I can gather most of the stellplatz / campsites are very central to the town and very plentiful. Don't want the extra weight of the bike if not necessary.

We always take our scooter but your right. If your just going to the Mosel, you wont need it really. There is nowhere to go on it that you cant go in the van to be honest. Its just a stretch of river from Trier to Koblenz (well thats the bit thats stuffed with Stellplatz and popular for that very reason) and people tend to just move from one to the other.

Nice but gets a bit boring after a while. Well it did for me.

Some nice roads up the Mosel for bikes but beware of the traffic cops-speed limit is very low in the villages. I got pulled for speeding near Bernkastl but luckily he let me off when I took my helmet off and he couls see I was an old geezer and told me I should know better at my age!

Mike

Archived