PAYG Internet Spain - Moovifresh

sshortcircuit

Thanks for the information and although I thought there was some similarities was not clear.

Now looking for a Huawei E586E Mobile WiFi that I can unlock and get a local data SIM.

For those of you who think I no what I am talking about, don't believe it. I am hoping somebody comes on and says do this, do that etc

We were in spain a few months ago; before going we followed a thread on here and bought a wireless infinity dongle part no IW007 available from Amazon for a tenner. We bought a data sim card for 10€ from a Yoigo shop- had to show my passport, it is the law, and were then able to access the net all over Spain at no additional cost. I think the dongle will work in all countries where you can buy a local sim card. A really good purchase

Bob

sshortcircuit - 2013-05-26 9:38 PMI very much appreciate the info Keith, but a dongle will not work with an iPad so I am looking to create a hotspot either with my phone or a standalone WiFi unit.

Just get a wirelss router an plug the dongle into that, Viola!

sambukashot - 2013-05-26 9:52 PM
sshortcircuit - 2013-05-26 9:38 PMI very much appreciate the info Keith, but a dongle will not work with an iPad so I am looking to create a hotspot either with my phone or a standalone WiFi unit.

Quite a neat solution. Have a couple of spare routers so may open up and see if I can convert to 12 volts. Thanks for idea.Had a quick look but routers do not have a USB port?

sshortcircuit - 2013-05-26 10:05 PM
sambukashot - 2013-05-26 9:52 PM

I got mine from Solwise, http://www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-usb-usbwifirpt-3000.html works a treat!

Quite a neat solution. Have a couple of spare routers so may open up and see if I can convert to 12 volts. Thanks for idea.Had a quick look but routers do not have a USB port?

• 7 months later...
sambukashot - 2013-05-23 6:54 PM

Just get yourself an unlocked dongle and when your in Spain get a data prepaid sim card from Moviestar, stick 10 euros of credit on and it goes forever, well months of unlimited use anyway -:)

Thanks for giving information.

last week i unlocked my dongle with a help of http://www.mobileunlocksolutions.com/unlocking-services/rs1wp6/

Are you sure my unlocked dongle will work?

I have used an unlocked dongle in Spain and France with no problems at all :)

Important: if you are using an unlocked dongle in France you will need the settings below for your dongles software to connect and access the internet.

Operator

GPRS APN

Username

Password

Optional Settings

Bouygues

ebouygtel.com

[blank]

[blank]

DNS: 62.201.119.99, 62.201.159.99

Bouygues (B2Bouygtel)

b2bouygtel.com