Futuroscope, any experiences of please

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

If anyone has been do they recommend a visit, we are both the wrong side of 25 :D

P.S I'm aware there is an Aire onsite, ( wake up Britains attractions )

Hi mike, stayed on the carpark there a few years ago, stopover fine but actual theme park was the biggest disappointment of that trip.

its clean and well presented. but for anyone who has been to Disney or Universal will be let down.

have a look online for attractions, prices etc, it ain't cheap although I seemed to remember ticket gets you access the following morning.

sorry to disappoint but it just didn't hit the spot.

have you done Disneyland Paris?

bolero boy - 2013-05-26 7:40 AM

Hi mike, stayed on the carpark there a few years ago, stopover fine but actual theme park was the biggest disappointment of that trip.

its clean and well presented. but for anyone who has been to Disney or Universal will be let down.

have a look online for attractions, prices etc, it ain't cheap although I seemed to remember ticket gets you access the following morning.

sorry to disappoint but it just didn't hit the spot.

have you done Disneyland Paris?

It's OK as long as you haven't been to Disney. I stayed on the car park and apart from a few school groups there was nobody there. If you can find a nearby tourist office they will give you discount entry coupons.

If you need shopping there is a huge Auchan hypermarket next door or if you want to camp there are several sites in the vicinity. Camping Du Future (ACSI) is good.

About 50 miles south is the town desolated by the Germans with a nearby Aire. Sorry can't remember the name but worth a visit.

Went back their year before last had been previously about 15 years ago. Not fair to compare with Disney as it's different type of theme park. We enjoyed it but I wouldn't say it is good enough to divert too far out of of your way to visit. The laser light show at the end of the day is good (about 10pm) also make sure you pick up a set of headphones with translations unless your French is very good. We went in September no queuing anywhere but a bit of a lack of atmospher a couple of rides were closed as was the main restaurant but buffet restraint (all you can eat) is good value includes as much wine as you can drink.

The on site Aire is vast pricing a bit confusing cost us a lot less then expected I think it was about 10€ for 2 nights.

Guest 1footinthegrave
Mmmm, thanks folks, we've never fancied Disneyland ( unless we had our grandchildren in tow ) perhaps on balance we'll give it a miss then, thanks for all your thoughts. P.S to one poster above we have visited Oradour "ghost village" a very sobering experience.

Archived