Update on the old 'Dongle'

Mrs T

This should be on the chatterbox channel but its filled with grumpy old men at the moment so its on here.

We used to use a Dongle and it worked well but its got itself lost.

As we are in a 'Hot Spot' regarding signals, what are the latest gadgets for good mobile cover?

MT

Mrs T - 2013-05-26 7:13 PM

This should be on the chatterbox channel but its filled with grumpy old men at the moment so its on here.

We used to use a Dongle and it worked well but its got itself lost.

As we are in a 'Hot Spot' regarding signals, what are the latest gadgets for good mobile cover?

MT

You don't surely mean those same grumpy old men who helped answer your solar enquiry by any chance!!

Well they're all steamed up about religeon and I'm totally anti on any form of control which is what it all is. I suppose that means I'm banned from any replies now.

I object tp paying BT £119 a quarter for the service and hardly use it

MT

Mrs T - 2013-05-26 7:36 PM

Well they're all steamed up about religion and I'm totally anti on any form of control which is what it all is.

I suppose that means I'm banned from any replies now.

MT

Why would you be banned - apart from by those who are control freaks and hate anyone who dares to disagree with their point of view!

So why not join the fray and confirm your status as a grumpy old woman!!

Welcome to the club!!

Guest pelmetman

Well they're all steamed up about religeon and I'm totally anti on any form of control which is what it all is. I suppose that means I'm banned from any replies now.

MT

Nah Mrs T you seem ideal, all dressed up and ready for Chatterbox :D.................so jump in at the deep end >:-).....................and if your lucky 1foot will take his teeth out before he gives you his opinion (lol) (lol)

As for BT £119 a quarter 8-)..............are you running a business?

"No not any business just simple use by a casual caller plus B Band. "

MT

You could get free calls "Anytime" & Broadband for less than that :-S

I've just checked on the "uswitch" website:

http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/mobile_broadband/?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_campaign=Bing+BB+%28Search+Network%29&utm_content=Dongles+%28more+variations%29+%28all%29

..is there anything on there of any use? (..it's all Greek to me,if I'm honest (lol) ).

Maybe it's be possible to get a "package deal" with your home broadband/line?...or at least an "existing customer" deal?......maybe?...

Mrs T - 2013-05-27 9:27 AM

From whom please

BT :)

I think Tesco are doing a deal where broadband is about £3 per month, increasing to £6 per month after 12 months. Including line rental, it's about £17, then £20, per month.

You shouldn't be paying £40 per month for phone and broadband.

I'm presuming you're talking about your landline when you quote you £40 per month.

I only pay £31 per month for my mobile which includes tetherable unlimited data, 2000 minutes, 2000 texts, and 5000 three to three minutes, and this includes the phone, (Samsung Galaxy S3).

I have a 'magic' dongle. :D

It is an unlocked Huawei K3565 with no time limit on the usage. It gets very little use these days but I use it once in a while otherwise I would lose the 'unlimited time' aspect of it with Vodaphone.

The magic part is that when I use it, I check the remaining credit and it keeps going UP. :D At one point it was down to just over £2 but the last time I used it, it was over £6.

Good or what? :D

747 - 2013-05-27 12:42 PM

I have a 'magic' dongle. :D

It is an unlocked Huawei K3565 with no time limit on the usage. It gets very little use these days but I use it once in a while otherwise I would lose the 'unlimited time' aspect of it with Vodaphone.

The magic part is that when I use it, I check the remaining credit and it keeps going UP. :D At one point it was down to just over £2 but the last time I used it, it was over £6.

Good or what? :D

Mine has just over £5 left on it and it`s been like that for over 2 years now despite using it......LOL

I`m also with Vodafone, at one point i did lose the " Check Balance " feature which meant i had to

ring them up to see how much was left but it`s recently started working again.

Mrs T - 2013-05-27 9:27 AM

From whom please

You could try Virgin Media there are some good deals for new users at the moment.

We have been with them for a few years now but we pay about £40 a month for broadband/phone/and basic t.v as we have a Humix Sky free to air box we arent using Virgins box :-S but would you believe it cost less to keep the box unplugged than to give them it back.

The phone is free for up to an hour anytime with a set monthly charge :-) but Im quids in as I do talk a lot (lol)

Archived