Favorite areas of France

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

A pal of mine has done some "hard driving" he's in Italy, it's still crap there though, :-S

I do pay attention to the weather forecast though, but I'm still waiting for that bar-b-que summer they promised. :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman

My favourite bit of France is the Eurotunnel arrival platform at Calais B-) ................

Its raining here in Lincolnshire to 8-)...............mind you we need it ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
1footinthegrave - 2013-05-29 12:29 PM

A pal of mine has done some "hard driving" he's in Italy, it's still crap there though, :-S

I do pay attention to the weather forecast though, but I'm still waiting for that bar-b-que summer they promised. :D

But a week ago SOF/Northern Italy/ Switzerland and Spain were all very good...Now you have to drive further south of everywhere.... but there is still excellent weather out there! In fact spanish med is 21 deg C at Barcelona and 24 in Alicante. Syd drives it in one day! :D

Guest 1footinthegrave
JudgeMental - 2013-05-29 2:43 PM

But a week ago SOF/Northern Italy/ Switzerland and Spain were all very good...Now you have to drive further south of everywhere.... but there is still excellent weather out there! In fact spanish med is 21 deg C at Barcelona and 24 in Alicante. Syd drives it in one day! :D

In truth Eddie having spent a lifetime behind the wheel for a living I hate driving, a bit of a disadvantage with a van, my ideal days driving is around 50/100 miles tops now. ;-) But I'd really like to know how someone manages 1400 miles in a day 8-)

Guest JudgeMental
1footinthegrave - 2013-05-29 3:10 PM

In truth Eddie having spent a lifetime behind the wheel for a living I hate driving, a bit of a disadvantage with a van, my ideal days driving is around 50/100 miles tops now. ;-) But I'd really like to know how someone manages 1400 miles in a day 8-)

24 hrs in a day..uses toll roads..dont hang about our Syd! :-D

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2013-05-29 3:15 PM

1footinthegrave - 2013-05-29 3:10 PM

24 hrs in a day..uses toll roads..dont hang about our Syd! :-D

Well it is down hill :D....................but I'd rather enjoy the trip down ;-)

I am down in the Dordogne and is wet at most sites the pitches are very wet and some under water. at the moment I am at Souillac along side the river and it is very high. We have had 2 dry days in the last 10 days . we have used sites so we can get hook up to run the heating as the temp most nights has been around 4 degreees and most days around 12degrees. The french are saying next week looks better dryer and a bit warmer.

Arrived just North of Barcelona about mid-day. Bright and sunny.... then the clouds built up and we've had non-stop rain and thunder all afternoon..... it feels cold too.

Not so cheerful,

Gwen

Hi Gwen

We left bay of Roses on Monday. Now south of Tarragona, L'Ametlla de Mar Been hot and sunny all day, a bit windy but sat in sun most of the day. Lot's of Dutch and Germans all down here, who don't seem to be going anywhere!! Forecast good for next few days Not had to have the heating on at night, which we did in Roses

PJay

Had an email from my little cousin inviting us to stay [again] with her at her villa in Moraira [it is quite simply stunning!] - she arrives there on 6th June. Very tempting. But everyone we meet en route is asking if they can come too.

Anyone else???

I'll email her and say I am turning up with X number of chums, pals and assorted motorhomers..... could be quite a party!

Cheers,

Gwen

Gwendolyn - 2013-05-29 8:02 PM

Had an email from my little cousin inviting us to stay [again] with her at her villa in Moraira [it is quite simply stunning!] - she arrives there on 6th June. Very tempting. But everyone we meet en route is asking if they can come too.

Anyone else???

I'll email her and say I am turning up with X number of chums, pals and assorted motorhomers..... could be quite a party!

Cheers,

Gwen

And we have a friend near Granada, so maybe follow on there !!!

Guest pelmetman
Is that the place North of Calpe? :-S...............a lovely area..................and decent although a little pricey scran form the restaurants by the marina B-)

Archived