Hymer 494 2004

spike

Last year I noticed a small leak from the underside the mixer tap to the shower room sink resulting in a small pool of water appearing in the shower tray. This weekend we used the van for the first time this year only to find that when we filled up with water (at our destination), and turned on the living area sink unit tap, water gushed out from the underside of tap and flooded inside the unit. I seems that this problem could have been the result of the freezing conditions, though I did drain the system down after we last used it.

The problem I now have is how to access the underside of this tap? Unbelievably, the only way seems to be by removing the oven which is directly under the sink bowl, which would mean disconnecting the gas pipe and I do not really want to do this.

The situation in the shower room is not quite as baffling but equally difficult. I removed the recessed cupboard under the sink to try to access the nut that secures the tap to the sink. Though I was able to just about reach the nut with my finger tips, I failed to undo the nut as the cavity only leaves a space of about 60mm to work in.

Any advice?

Hi. We had a leak from our Hymer kitchen mixer tap, but from the top where it went through the worktop. I prised the hot/cold indicators from the top of the mixer lever, removed the philips scew and took the mixer lever off. Underneath there was a large brass nut with two flats on its edge against the outer chrome cover. I managed to tighten this nut with a pair of thin nosed pliers, this cured the leak, if yours is a similar tap it may be worth a try.

Brian B.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived