Remoska..brill bit of kit

Pampam

Tried out my spanking new pretty expensive remoska last night,and it's greeeat lasagne and garlic bread done to perfection , I can't wait to make something else in it wow I was impressed my van oven is so sloooww . Pp

My friend has got on too PamPam and she would agree with you about it being a brilliant bit of kit. I keep looking at them in Lakeland but have never bite the bullet to buy one (my husband says my tight head goes on :-D ). My motorhome oven is quite good, as long as its on high, and as we don't always have EHU I wonder if I would use it enough.

Do you use yours in your house or just your motorhome? I also worry about the weight :-S

We recently bought the cheaper version of this, the Koolatron from amazon, it's the standard sized version, and cost I think just under £90 including postage. We have only used it half a dozen times so far, but are extremely impressed. It has a variable thermostat, which essentially adds the capability of a slow cooker. We have a small campervan, and find that it is easily stored and quite light. It also consumes so little power (480 watts) that it could be run from the leisure batteries, though I've yet to do this.

It greatly adds to our cooking choices, improving the range of meals that we can create, and with such a small impact on storage. Very good value

It doesn't weigh much at all I was surprised , I kept looking in Lakeland and thinking it was expensive but then impulsively bought one and am glad I did , I haven't seen the cheaper version one so I can't comment on that one but I love Lakeland shops anyway although I did buy a toasted sandwich maker and can't find any bread big enough to fit it doh . I haven't used it at home because I try to have "van stuff" separate to "house stuff" and then I just have to sling some clean clothes in a bag and just take off if you know what I mean . But have just had a bu..er it I'm buying it few weeks cos yolo , so have bought duvalays and new telly as well ( that's what overdrafts are for) am going to try roast chicken next with roasties, but iyl have to wait because I can't get away till another fortnight . Pp

Tea Cup - 2013-05-30 9:25 PM

...It also consumes so little power (480 watts) that it could be run from the leisure batteries, though I've yet to do this.

Probably best if you don't, unless you have massive battery capacity and a really effective charging system. This kind of current draw will kill most leisure batteries very quickly.

crinklystarfish - 2013-05-31 8:23 AM

Tea Cup - 2013-05-30 9:25 PM

...It also consumes so little power (480 watts) that it could be run from the leisure batteries, though I've yet to do this.

Probably best if you don't, unless you have massive battery capacity and a really effective charging system. This kind of current draw will kill most leisure batteries very quickly.

I have 220 amp total batteries and a 90 watt solar panel. I leave the fridge on all the time even when it is parked on the drive at home. I'm sure that it will cope with an hour or two of Remoska/Koolatron @ 480 watts - that's less than 10 amps usage in 2 hrs, with 6 amps perhaps from the solar panel in that 2 hrs. You can cook a full one pot meal including potatoes, meat, veges in less than 90mins.. OK, the inverter is fairly inefficient, but even so, it shouldn't make a dent in the total power available. You are using power in the order of a few of the old style light bulbs.

Look around the charity shops. I always look for books and visit most of them. I found the very remoska for which people pay over one hundred pounds at Lakeland and paid the vast sum of £15.00 It was in brand new condition, obviously a must have purchase put on the back shelf after a couple of times used. I already have one which I use in the house then carry in the van, now I have one in the van all the time but have started to use EHU less and less. For reasons already given, I do not use it with the inverter, sucks up too much power. Just as an aside, we do use a slow cooker whilst on the move from the ciggie lighter through the inverter. Arrive at destination, meal ready. (Needs a secure tray etc just in case severe braking is required)

Art

My other half is a huge Remoska fan. She uses it all the time at home and in the van. We don't have an oven in the MH, so it's absolutely ideal. The variety of delicious meals she produces is quite remarkable. It seems to do absolutely everything.

And although quite expensive to purchase in the first place, Lakeland provide a life-time guarantee and will replace any defective parts or the whole thing if necessary, at any time without a receipt.

She has the divider that fits inside and the cookery book too. No complaints from me about the expense when I get fed so well.

Mike

Tea Cup - 2013-05-31 9:19 PM............. I'm sure that it will cope with an hour or two of Remoska/Koolatron @ 480 watts - that's less than 10 amps usage in 2 hrs, with 6 amps perhaps from the solar panel in that 2 hrs. ..................

Ahem! Volts x Amps = Watts. So, Watts/Volts = Amps. Watts = 480. Volts = 12. Amps = ? But you need to run it for 2 hours, so Ah = Amps x 2. :-) It'll take quite a while to put that back with just a solar panel.

Archived