New Adria Coral

Mike B.

Just watched the Caravanfinder Channel (Yes I know...................but limited viewing here!) and the guy has just reviewed the new Adria Coral to be released this September. It looks a nice bit of kit and there are 5 models in the range. Was wondering what any owners of Adria think of them? Also the guy seemed to imply you can get a tour of the factory in Slovenia. Does anyone know anything about this?

As we are still in Hungary, thought we might come back via Slovenia (which also looks nice and we've never been) and take a tour of the factory and check out the vans en route.

Mike

Hi Mike

Pleased you like the look of the new Coral.

We own an Adria Matrix and have been very pleased with its quality and livability over the two years of ownership.

Having looked at the preview I think you will find that the factory tour was for the journos only. As members of Club Adria (http://www.clubadria.co.uk) we toured the factory in 2012 as part of the UK group of owners visit to Slovenia. Great experience. But as far as I am aware only organised groups can tour the factory. You need to check with Adria. Suggest you email the UK office at: info@adria.co.uk

Would really recommend Slovenia - although it isn't big the roads are excellent and Lake Bled campsite a must see.

Hope this helps

Hi Mike

The Adria Sport range was their entry level van until the 2014 model year & the previous Coral range was their next level.

We have a Sport S572SL which is almost a year old & have been very pleasantly surprised by build & performance. Have had to visit dealer for a few very minor corrections, but they all related to dealer fit items, not the Adria equipment or build. (Rev Camera & Radio decided to stop working)

Due 1st habitation service on Monday, but everything working so for the first time we have nothing to report that needs fixing.

Regarding Adria spec:- Spare wheel, Leisure Battery & Radio are NOT included, so if interested make sure you get your dealer to include them. At least it gives the opportunity to specify Battery size & type of Radio.

Not many dealers in the UK, but all appear to have good reputations. Your nearest will be Geoff Cox @ Denby, Derbyshire, who we have found to be very good.

I did an extensive search regarding the Adria build quality & problems as I had no knowledge of the brand, prior to purchasing ours & other than one major problem with an "A" Class, (which went back to the factory) trawling forums only revealed minor problems easily resolved by dealers.

For info 2013 Coral models

S670SLT was 7.360m (rear washroom, longitudinal single beds)

S670ST was 7.364m (rear fixed bed) dropped from 2014 range

S670SU was 7.359m (traverse rear bed) dropped from 2014 range

S690SC was 7.359m (Island bed)

So long overhang behind rear wheels.

The S670SL layout is new to the Coral range, but is similar to our Sport S572SL (difference being the front dinette, where ours is the traditional half dinette & the Coral S670SL has a "L" shaped)

Hi Mike,

We have the 2013 Adria Coral S670SLT which has a rear washroom and two single beds. The build quality is very good and she is very comfortable. All the under bed lockers have lights in them and most have heating ducts. She is fully winterised with the fresh water having a heating probe and the grey waste container space has an adjustable heat control. The LED lighting is very good and I particularly like the ambient lighting facility.

We collected her in January and took her back a month later to have 15 or 16 snags rectified. Nothing major and most were the dealer's fault, radio fitted but not tested (otherwise they would have discovered that it didn't work), only one leisure battery fitted instead of requested and paid for two etc.

A couple of small snags were Adria's, the most obvious being that the reverse sensors didn't work. I could have backed it into a wall whilst still waiting to hear a buzzer go off. The dealer said that Adria never wire them up to well and use flimsy connectors at the back which often allows water ingress resulting in the connectors having to be replaced. They have sent off for a replacement set which the dealer will wire up to a UK standards.

Not withstanding the very minor snags the motorhome looks and feels very luxurious and we love her. She feels huge especially as we lie out on the beds and read (which have pull up back rests) or sit in the lounge area using the large table.

The fridge/freezer is excellent and the kitchen drawers are huge. The cupboards and large and there are many of them.

We're very pleased with her and look forward to spending many years travelling home and away.

W2G

Coral.jpg.43e592a1a03f65b1ddc970e6ea83e151.jpg

i bought my adria coral new in 2004, and am so satisfied with it that I still have it.

everytime I look at new models, I cant find enough reason to send all that money.

Slovenia is lovely, particularly a little town called ptuj. hasd a castle (with Scottish connections!)

and a decent campsite, not cheap, but with free access to a swimming/spa/sauna complex.

campsite is a short, riverside walk into town.

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies-appears everyone is happy with the make. I would expect to have a few snags/rectifications on a new van whatever the make so not bothered about the minors.

I agree as a couple have posted, not found anything better than what we have to suit us and why spend the money (2005 model ours) but looking at the Coral thought I might spend a bit of the Kids inheritance and treat ourselves 1 last time.

Will probably also come home via Slovenia as like the look of it and once again positive opinions

Thanks again

Mike

Hi mike

I don't know much about Adria motorhomes but my sister has a newish Adria caravan and they are very pleased with it. The build quality looks very good and the storage and lighting are particularly good. Also they have the wet heating system which is excellent.

We all visited Lake Bled in Slovenia last year for 4 days and I found it absolutely gorgeous, wished we had longer there.

Archived