Grounding on speed humps.

Curtisden

My van conversion is based upon a Citroen Relay, boxer by another name.

One problem that is puzzling is a scraping noise on some wide and shallow but low speed humps?

But looking under I can find no evadance of grounding?

The conversion is very well fitted which includes Citroen own HD mud flaps to front and rear. These are huge and have little ground clearance.

Could it be these that are touching went reaching or leaving a hump.

I can find no other indications of touching?

(?)

Guest JudgeMental
Just realised after reading this thread that the mud guards I ordered from van plus never arrived! Forgot all about them...I did email them and ask where they were, and they said on the way..but that was weeks ago. So have just opened a Paypal dispute. did anyone else order from "van plus"?

My exhaust touches them every now and then.

The van is built on a ALKO Chassis and the exhaust runs underneath the chassis.

I was hoping to re-route it through one of the elongated holes in the chassis but it has " Belly Lockers " which prevents me from doing this.

If i know the road i pump up the Air Suspension to a full 7 Bar and i`ve found that i clear most of them now.

Curtisden - 2013-06-02 10:46 AM

Wooie - 2013-06-02 10:44 AM

If i know the road i pump up the Air Suspension to a full 7 Bar and i`ve found that i clear most of them now.

Must be like a pea on a drum driving at that pressure.

It`s only at that pressure to clear the speed humps then i put it back down.

JudgeMental - 2013-06-02 10:24 AM

Just realised after reading this thread that the mud guards I ordered from van plus never arrived! Forgot all about them...I did email them and ask where they were, and they said on the way..but that was weeks ago. So have just opened a Paypal dispute. did anyone else order from "van plus"?

Yes i ordered a few electrical things from them and did not have an issue.

Dave

Archived