Eura Mobil

hallii

My brother is about to make an offer on a 2002 Euramobil 6** , the stars are because we don't know what the exact model is yet.

It is a 6 berth on a Fiat 2.8.

Since this is his first van I am acting as advisor in most respects. Does anyone have one? Are they OK?

Any particular faults to watch out for?

It will have an AA insoection and a damp check by an independant guy so most things should be covered.

H

Above all else really pleased with the superb build quality,

At present though no dealers in the UK appointed, however if it is not a new one under warranty shouldn't be too much of a problem. All the fittings are pretty standard across many motorhome makes,

eg Thetford toilets, Truma heating, CBE electrics, Dometic Fridge,. The only problem I have had was with the Fiat base vehicle when the alternator packed up but that's nothing to do with EuraMobil.

The build quality will be appreciated and different to some.

However I suspect that you will always get positive responses by all those that currently have a EuraMobil

, human nature I guess.

Dave

I had a Eura Mobil coach built for some years 675 sport it was end lounge, mid dinette and double bed  in the Luton, so it was a six berth, great van, as good as the Hymer I traded it for  eventually, all the same appliances in the  E M as Hymer, only problem I had with mine was it did tend to get a lot of condensation in the Luton when we slept up there, hot blooded I guess, 2.8 TDI good engine .

Guest JudgeMental

If it is the integra on evil bay, there are 3 on german site www.mobile.de, around the same money, and one looks like new....

quality vans. The terrestra range probably my favorite coachbuilts. We had a budget job, a profila which I would approach with caution if used, as you should with any used CB anyway.... It was a great van, but damp was discovered at PX handover (4.5 years old) but deal went ahead at pre arranged price as 6 year warranty was in place.

make sure chap damp testing it has a proper pro meter, and knows how to interpret the results *-)

Guest JudgeMental

OK then its an Activa .....Like said just make sure checked out properly, a boat surveyor a good call.

gumtree worse than evil bay for rip of merchants...just make categorically sure it is their property to sell, and all paperwork legitimate and in place. Any stories just walk away, and for heavens sake dont get emotional, loads of vans out there

JudgeMental - 2013-06-03 7:00 PM

OK then its an Activa .....Like said just make sure checked out properly, a boat surveyor a good call.

gumtree worse than evil bay for rip of merchants...just make categorically sure it is their property to sell, and all paperwork legitimate and in place. Any stories just walk away, and for heavens sake dont get emotional, loads of vans out there

Look for corrosion. If it's been kept there over winter it will have suffered. Brixam is definitely a "marine environment" in a good sou'wester!

Archived