Warranties

Pete-B

Hi,

I don't have my paperwork with me at the moment, could anyone tell me within what period after it's first anniversary must I get the Fiat warranty done? I know the Swift habitation service has to be done within 60 days but not sure on the base vehicle one.

Thanks for any help.

You really need to find the Fiat documents and check. The requirement for service intervals has changed over time, and I think varies according to which engine, and possibly transmission, variant you have. So even if you ring/e-mail the dealer he may not be completely up to date with the latest edition for your vehicle. There is often a "low mileage" service requirement somewhere in the schedule, which a dealer who normally handles high mileage commercial vans may not have encountered, so may give misleading advice. This is frequently stated as being annual, but some vehicles are now longer, 18 months or even two years. However, vehicles that stand around for extended periods, especially over winter, will probably benefit from being serviced at least once per year whatever the stated maximum interval may be.

Hi my van is a swift voyager fiat ducato registered july 2011 only done 2300 when i bought it had its 1st service july2012 and i received a letter saying its due next month to keep the warrantee up to date

With so little milage it needs doing it can cause more problems than high milage

Pete-B - 2013-06-03 7:22 PM

Hi,

I don't have my paperwork with me at the moment, could anyone tell me within what period after it's first anniversary must I get the Fiat warranty done? I know the Swift habitation service has to be done within 60 days but not sure on the base vehicle one.

Thanks for any help.

Just checked my paperwork and there is no 'period of grace' mentioned, BUT, the only service item given an annual requirement is oil/filter change, all the rest are by mileage, and if your van is euro5 with DPF I think even the oil change is dependent on dash light "unless driven in towns" when it is 12 months. But best check with Fiat UK who will be the ones you will be arguing with over any warranty.

Archived