Melting Light Cover

kelly58

On our new Auto-Trail Tracker RS the heat from the hob has melted the plastic cover on the strip light fitted under the cabinet above the hob despite having the window open and the Omnivent Fan running . All my wife was doing was boiling some eggs and on other occasions boiling potatoes the heat has made the cover go soft then miss shapen when it cooled down  . Has anyone else had this problem ? To me it seems a silly place to fit a striplight above a heat source. Hopefully I will be having a word with Auto-Trail later ,

Derek Uzzell - 2013-06-06 7:59 AMGOOGLE reveals that your Auto-Trail 'melting light' problem is not unique.http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-133955-autotrail-apache-700.html(Read both pages!)

Thanks Derek that's a great help.

I have had a word with Auto-Trail and pointed out the legal / fire regulations regarding domestic kitchen fitting that the minimum distance allowed for a cabinet  above a heat source ( gas hob ) which is 760mm . The cabinet in the motorhome is 500mm above the gas / electric hob. He said he was not aware of any stipulation and that I should take it up with Marquis the supplying dealer. Basically he was not interested .

Guest JudgeMental
Poor design, and even a poorer reaction from the manufacturer. The MMF thread says it all really *-)

Archived